Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Nor Cal....

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Old TFFdriver, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Old TFFdriver

Old TFFdriver
    from California

Hello everyone...

Quick intro of myself....

Long time gear head.. True passion Dragboats

What led me to this site is ......

I am trying to bring to life my first ride.. purchased it for $800 when I was 14 ..1964 GTO.... it was a current drag car at the time. I spent 3 yrs. of high school autoshop building it. I would like to keep as I built it at the time. It has a old Mallory YC dual point.

Long story short the search for a .36mfd capacitor(also known as condenser) ...big one with stud that mounts on side... is what ultimately brought me to this post.

Congrats on a great site and really glad I found it.

Anyone still need a capacitor/condenser of any mfd rating I found a great option. They may not look the same but work and mount almost identical.
    As far as points Accel still makes replacement points.

If anyone is interested if have the current part number for Accel and the points and can post a link to capacitor chart with mfd rating and part numbers. They are manufactured by Serria Electronics.

Thanks for your time and really look forward to enjoying this site in the future !

Steve

2. Vet65te

Vet65te

Welcome Steve - Whereabouts are you in NorCal? I lived in Sonoma County for 36 years before relocating here to Prescott AZ about two years back. I also have a 64 GTO. Post up a pic of yours when you can.

3. Old TFFdriver

Old TFFdriver
    from California

Just saw your reply today. Not quite that far north. A little south of San Jose.
    Hopefully this picture will post. It has been in storage since 1982.

Attached Files:

4. Vet65te

Vet65te

Steve - Looks good, I've always liked the early GTO's. When I grew up in SF back in the 60's, the neighbor two doors down was the last owner of Half Moon Bay Dragstrip and he had a Mayfaire Maize (Yellow) 65 GTO Hardtop.
    My neighbor here in Prescott, who's originally from Cupertino, is working on a 64 GTO convertible his Mother in Law bought new in San Jose.
    Mike T - Prescott AZ

5. Old TFFdriver

Old TFFdriver
    from California

Hey Mike... nice to meet you.

My car was on the old Santa Maria drag strip in the late 60's early 70's and spent some time at Freemont too. That is where I first got into drag boats. Freemont had a liquid quarter mile too.

I used to cruise San Jose, Salinas, SLO, Santa Maria, Modesto, Bakersfield, etc... Never made it to Half Moon Bay though. Even though I lived and still do about 1 hr. south. I own a ranch in the Parajo Valley. Closest town would be Watsonville/Aromas.

Steve C.