Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1955 ford customline parts and service book

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by bignutz1, Jan 8, 2016.

1. bignutz1

bignutz1

hey guys, another question. well, we tore this care completely apart about 6-7 years ago, now i got most of the parts but i can not remember how half them go back together again from exterior to interior and everything else included. is there a good book or manual that breaks down all the parts of the car and shows location and what not. looking back we should of took pics and labeled stuff but we thought this would be done overnight like on the tv shows, scares me already what i got stuck into this beast:) thanks again. always asking for advice but never giving any:)

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

If you live in a part of the world where there are other '55 Fords, befriend the owners - you could then see where the parts are to be placed ... shop manuals can be bought from many sources as well.

3. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Factory manuals are readily available.

4. Yep - Body/Trim Assembly Manual and Electrical Assembly Manual have been reprinted by Jim Osborn Reproductions for '55 and '56 Fords and have been available for almost 20 years now. They do a very good job of showing the workers on the assembly line how to put the car together. I use the assembly manuals when I work on my car and they're worth every penny.

5. bignutz1

bignutz1

thanks guys

6. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

7. cretin

cretin

That link doesn't work for me.

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ