Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical flathead ford exhaust flanges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theHIGHLANDER, Jan 9, 2016.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I asked in my build thread several weeks back but didn't see an answer, and this may be so damn simple anyway. Is there a supplier for the exhaust flanges at the pipes? Not looking for the block flange for header fab (although my left front is really close), I need a couple 1 3/4 pipe flanges. Maybe I could trace something and with some sheet stock, a hole saw, drill, and band saw, build a couple, but that seems like a lot of screwing around for something so simple that may be commercially available. Any preferred suppliers/leads? If not, sheet stock it is. And I'm asking here because even in a simple google search I get everything EXCEPT what I'm trying to find. Thank you...

2. Are you looking for the 2 bolt flange like the one in this photo?
    P1010196.JPG
    It's also the same flange I used for the block flange for primary pipe in this photo. 20150919_102235.jpg
    These flanges are 3/8" thick. I bought them at my exhaust warehouse for under $2.00 each. Most any good Exhaust shop also would have them hanging on the wall or could get them in a day for ya. You can also get them in 3 bolt pattern.
    The Wizzard

3. Another suggestion is if you have a cnc plasma cutting shop in your area they may have the drawing and get them to cut it/them for you.

Mtw fdu.

4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the heads up, PnB, yes that's what I need. Ready to fab my dual exh off the manifolds.

5. walter

walter

Reds Headers sells just the flange

6. kb cookout

kb cookout

Anyone selling them made from stainless steel ????

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  7. Ole don

Ole don

Keep in mind, the front ones have 7/16 holes, the rear two are 3/8.

8. Absolutely, go to S.P.D. Exhaust and click on flanges. I have bought lots of M.S. as well as S.S. from them. I can say,, nothing but High Quality. They make in house the very best U-Bends I've ever worked with. When doing Custom Exhaust for anything it's my Go To company. Grate people to deal with also.
    The Wizzard