Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Can anyone ID this Offy 2x2 straight 6 intake manifold?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Found this intake manifold for sale nearby. Seller doesn't know what it's off of.

Can anyone ID it?

Thanks...

Chris

Attached Files:

• offy.jpg
      offy.jpg
      File size:
      189.6 KB
      Views:
  2. PackardV8

PackardV8

Slant six Mopar ?

jack vines

3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I think Jack nailed it. Are the port faces at 90 degrees to the flow? If so it's not a slat 6 I think.

4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have no idea what it is, but I love those long runners. If I had it and knew what it was for, I might be looking for an engine right now!

The flanges look to me like they are 90 degrees to the runners, but it's hard to tell from the pictures.

5. ol'stinky

ol'stinky
    from New Jersey

100% sure it is a slant 6 intake.

6. GTS225

GTS225

Oh, yeah.....slant six Mopar. I've got a newer one out in the shop. If you can get it for a good price, do it. I suspect those carbs are actually Holley, model 1920's. Those are 1-barrel carbs, and the hole in the plenum is for a 1-barrel. I think you'd have to hog it out a bit for a 2-barrel to work properly.

Roger

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. 123

from Seattle

Nailed it, slant six 110% for sure! Dual singe carbs, you can still buy the intake and linkage kits new. Carbs are plentiful as well.

8. ol'stinky

ol'stinky
    from New Jersey

I wish I had found one of those back when I was putting the 225 in my 54, but I ended up getting a super-6 2bbl instead. It's a really cool find.

9. 123

from Seattle

After a repaint, big block geardrive install, big valve fully ported race head, and an Isky 505 cam this is the slant that's going in my chopped 50 Chrysler...

[​IMG]

This is the one that my wife put in her custom 48 Chevy with a slant. Australian Lynx intake for SU carbs with Canon adapters for Webers.

[​IMG]

Then there is this.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  10. GTS225

GTS225

Hey, 123! Do I "know" you from another board?
    Cool setup in pic 1. Is that a fabbed intake, or a manufactured one?
    I also have one of those trinkets that's hanging vertically in pic 3. Took me a long time to find one, after learning that they really do exist. Just need a fuel pump and mounting method to start setting it up on an engine.

Roger

11. 123

from Seattle

Maybe, I was 360scamp on forabodiesonly when it first got off the ground but bailed when all the racist political asshats turned it in to moparts part 2. Im on slantsix.org every now and then.

The triple Weber intake/headers is a home made unit that was run on a 170 slant that was rear mounted in a Porsche with a home made aluminum adapter plate and 8" VW race clutch. I will end up making a new intake (or buying a new one) and running the spare Clifford shorty headers I have in my 50 Chrysler.

If you have an injection unit for a slant I would love to see pics and get the number off it for my records. They only made 11 production units from 1968 to 1972, mine was the prototype originally made in 65 and sold/loaned to Keith Black in 66 for a slant 6 hydroplane he was building at the time. It ended up on the Dragmaster Dart Six rail (that I will be bringing back to life after I buy the original engine and knock out a few other projects) and ended up getting traded to my dads team about 67-68 where it ended up in a SCCA 56 Afla with a slant six. I spent 13 years looking for it only to find it sitting on a shop floor about 15 mins away from my house.

The other 11 production units had a stock slant six mounting flange unlike mine where it needs a custom made "intake" to bolt it on. They will have a stamped 3 digit number between 102 to 112. For some reason Hilborn started numbering them with #1 (mine) being "101" and #12 being "112".

Here is #107 Originally sold to Cornelison's Speed Shop (Iowa). Years ago I was emailing the guy that owned it but wasn't in a position to buy it. I emailed him last year to try and buy it but he had sold it on ebay about 2 years ago. You can just see "107" stamped to the left of the fuel block.

[​IMG]

Mounting is stock slant.

[​IMG]

Here is the same unit in the Lancer it was bought for by one of the members here and his brother who later sold it to the guy I was emailing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dragmaster Dart Six built by Dode Martin and driven by Steve Layton.

[​IMG]

56 Alfa that my dads team ran at SIR. Slant six powered that later had the Hilborn unit off the Dragmaster.

[​IMG]

Few of my other slant toys...

Joe Hunt mag...

[​IMG]

Dry sump set up, also has a custom chrome oil pan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you can please post some pictures of your injection unit, I am very interested to see it! There were a few others made out of Australia as well, they weren't Hilborns tho.

12. GTS225

GTS225

Don't know where you got the info it was sold, but I still have mine, and you already have the info and pics. That's mine above, sitting on the green patio table. Mine is not for sale....I looked too long and hard to find one, and I'll have to be dead before it goes anywhere.

I thought I knew you from somewhere....I hit the slant board at least once a day. Have never done FABO.
    You still haven't found much for that hilborn/slant "registry" have you? I can believe it, as it took me a bit of research to confirm they were actually made.

But, we're starting to drag this thread off-course.

Hey, Barsteel! You bring that home, yet?

Good luck.....Roger

13. ol'stinky

ol'stinky
    from New Jersey

For a second I thought you were going to put it sideways into that motorcycle frame!

14. 123

from Seattle

Hmmmmmm.......

NO, Don't get me thinking about a slant powered bike!