Register now to get rid of these ads!

33-34 Ford Coupe roll down rear window?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Hot Rod Grille, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Guys,

Years ago someone changed the rear window in my 5-window coupe so that it would not roll down. They took the regulator, etc out and screwed a couple of brackets in place to hold the window glass up. The drain pan is still in place and works fine. I really want to make the window functional again, so I guess I need to figure out which regulator, bottom window channel and handle would work. Also, I assume there was a sheet metal panel to hold the regulator assy. Anybody got a decent pic showing the parts that I'm looking for? I did a similar installation on a '31 Model A Coupe many years ago, except I had to fabricate the drain pan for that one. If I recall, I used a stock Model A regulator and metal channel for the bottom edge of the glass, but can't recall if it was the driver or passenger side part that worked. I'm looking forward to opening the cowl vent and lowering the rear window next spring for some "poor-mans" air conditioning. Thanks for any help!

Jim Winter
    The Hot Rod Grille Garage

2. alchemy

alchemy

I would bet the same A regulator was used on the 33's. Might have even been the same as a pickup regulator?

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Any Model A regulator will do the job. If you drill and tap the square shaft you could even use the original T-handle which mounts with a screw.

4. old beet

old beet

I think DICK SPADARRO has all those parts...........OLDBEET

5. Rancho

Rancho

the power unit out of a early ninty's chevy s-10 blazer work good too, just need a little modification. put one in my dads 34 three window. eric

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

1932 3W ... not a 33 - 34 :)

The photos shows a 32 Murray 3W ... which would most likely be closer to a 33 - 34 than a Model A ...

The wooden package tray has been removed ... so the could slide the seat back further ...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Thanks guys! Deuce Roadster, thanks for the great pics. It looks like a wooden board held the regulator and not a metal panel! Great info! Is the window crank on the 33-34 on the passenger side of the rear window like on the 32? Old Beet, I'll check with Dick Spadaro for the regulator. Thanks again.

Jim Winter
    The Hot Rod Grille Garage

8. I changed a power window regulator in a Magnum wagon and damn those things look like they would work in a rod nicely! Cable drive.....reverse polarity motor.

9. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Deuce Roadsters pictures are right. I've had a 33,34 and they are the same as the deuce 3 window. Spadaro should have all the stuff you need.

10. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

A good friend has a 33 5W coupe and HIS IS ...
    I cannot say for sure that is the case for all 33 - 34 coupes. We all know Henry mixed up stuff ... late 33, early 34 ... production type changes. Like the placement of the door handles :D

11. tinmann

tinmann

ha ha ha I still have the rusted out rear window pan and rotten wood pieces from your old '33 that WE chopped.

12. yekoms

yekoms

I'm workin' on a 34 5window. I'll get some pics tonite or tomorrow.
    Yep Spadaro has the stuff. WoodArt is the wood that I used. It's cut down some to save trunk space and I'm not usin' the stock drain pan. The coupe is chopped. Have fun,Smokey

13. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'd go with a power back window

14. yekoms

yekoms

I think that with all of the HAMB help you have it figured out.
    They aren' real good but,here's some pics of the window stuff in my coupe.
    There is a Masonite window pattern screwed onto the channel.
    like I said before the wood is cut down on the bottom. I only used the stock pan from the trunk hinges up to the window opening. Put a channel on the bottom of the wood with a drain hose down through the floor later.
    The repop regulator that I got is a Vintique Tiawan piece. I had to drill the rivets out of the crank mechanism and "clean it up" to make it work smooth. Have fun,Smokey

Attached Files:

15. Uptown83

Uptown83

Mine looks the same as what every one has been posting and mine is a 33 Coupe. I tried to match up the regulator with model a ones and I never found one that was like it, but you can use one with little modification.

16. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

That's OK Tinmann, My doose 3 window came with it's own wood and regulator. It is the same as the 33's. You were smart to grab all that stuff!!! We should have filled a Warehouse back in the early 80's.

17. Don Spear

Don Spear
    from ma.

I put a power back window in my 40 pick up. think about power its easer then cranking behind you. at 60 mph

18. ff1930

ff1930
    from lapeer

The window regulator for a roll down rear window on a 34 is a 4 bolt model a 4 door right side if that helps.