Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ***Please vote for the 2015 Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup "HAMB" Pick***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAZIN CAIN, Dec 16, 2015.

?
  1. CT1932Ford

122 vote(s)
    34.9%
  2. Roddin-Shack

68 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Bull

109 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. Mikes29

51 vote(s)
    14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My vote is in also. Had to go with CT1932Ford's beautiful "Doeskin" colored roadster.
    I'm going to be painting my sedan that color. Good luck to all.

ct1932ford likes this.
  2. It's close and we have a week to go

3. Swiss50chevy

Swiss50chevy

How do I vote?

powrshftr likes this.
  4. powrshftr

powrshftr

Mobile app is making my head hurt today....Want to vote,but can't find any way to get it done on the mobile app.
    Can any of you fellas help me out here?

Scott

5. Bull

Bull

I've heard of others having trouble voting on the mobile app too. Can an admin help out here? @Ryan ?

6. Try logging on with out the app,Scott when you click on the thread go all the way to the top and the pole is their

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. I was hoping for a all of the above button. No such luck all are beautiful.

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The app sucks for things like polls... use the mobile browser instead. It's just easier...

volvobrynk and RAZIN CAIN like this.
  9. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ok,sounds good.
    Thanks fellas!

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  10. This ad is posted on at least three if not more Facebook Hot Rod sites. I'm sorry but I just don't think this is proper for any contestant to do this to be the winner here. Just my honest opinion and I have nothing in it.

I've slipped in the voting to second place. If you've a HAMB member, I'd appreciate your vote - if you're not a member it's easy to join. Vote for "Bull" to help me get my baby blue Tudor on a t-shirt and some other cool gear and help Shelby's Way gain some very important exposure!

11. Bull

Bull

Yep, guilty as charged. I did post a link to this thread in quite a few places on Facebook. For what it's worth, each one of the contestants received multiple votes after I made the posts. If it helps bring exposure to Mark's organization, Shelby's Way, and the cause it supports I'd do it a thousand times over. And of course I'd like to "win" the contest and see my car on a t-shirt. Wouldn't you? If Mark, the moderators or any of the other contestants feel my postings go against the spirit of the contest or are an unfair advantage in any way, please pull my car from the contest. To be chosen as a finalist is cool enough in itself - to bring awareness to a great organization and support a fellow hot rodder is the real win here.

12. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm glad you put the link up,or I never would have known about the contest.
    It's for a good cause,nothing to get stressed out about.:)

Scott

Scotty's Garage! and Bull like this.
  13. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Wow !!! I agree We thought it was strictly on the HAMB, and have only relied on unsolicited votes. BULL if the above is true shame on you, as you are making a mockery of this important gesture put on by Mark. :(:(:(
    In addition, Chris & I are very proud to have the car chosen as a finalist which is reward enough.

hd1084 and ct1932ford like this.
  14. mushmouth

mushmouth
    from Minnesota

15. Bull...Bull!!!

ct34ford, Bull and ct1932ford like this.
  16. powrshftr

powrshftr

17. Bull

Bull

There were many HAMBers (many who didn't know about it or hadn't been on the HAMB for some time) that logged on to this thread because Facebook helped spread the word.

A "mockery?" Please see my response above yours. I stand behind my statement.

18. I love this forum "HAMB" and more than that I love and care about Ryan.Not only am I trying to raise awareness and give back to all you guys,but thru the Roundup I hope to bring more and more folks to the HAMB.I to have encouraged folks on FB to come and vote if their a member and if not to please join the HAMB.Social Networking has put a dent in forums and my hope is that folks will see the value of having these sites the "HAMB" geared towards all of us and our likes.I am sure that "Bull" meant no harm and I to have been told via PM's that if I or others hadn't shared on FB they wouldn't have known.I am Sorry guys,but please all is well.Much Love from me and my family.Our non-profit Shelby's Way is the winner of all the shared attention plus we get to give back to the HAMB and its members.

19. Asking for votes on facebook ain't right ,I really like your car but win or lose it should strictly be up to the Hamb members and only Hamb members to make that decision.

Quote verbatim from Adam on one of his fb post.

"I've slipped in the voting to second place. If you've a HAMB member, I'd appreciate your vote - if you're not a member it's easy to join. Vote for "Bull" to help me get my baby blue Tudor on a t-shirt and some other cool gear and help Shelby's Way gain some very important exposure!'

Yeah.it's all about helping Mark.

Mark Cain is one of the nicest people I know and is a inspiration to Brenda and I and if this is ok with him who am I to complain,but I don't have to agree,I dislike FB. HRP

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  20. Scotty's Garage!

Scotty's Garage!
    from Australia

Yeah can sure see both sides of this "argument", I too wouldn't have known save for FB, and at the end of the day it's about the cause, and it wins regardless of who's ride is on it. A big salute to you Mark Cain for your gracious comment/perspective, considering it's primarily your doing. Best of luck to you all.

volvobrynk, Bull and powrshftr like this.
  21. Scotty's Garage!

Scotty's Garage!
    from Australia

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'll agree with Danny, I dislike Facebook and that includes some of the people who love it.
    I disagree with Bull and his flawed logic that we need Facebook exposure and to attract people from there.
    This vote and poll should have remained Hamb forum member participation only and we could have taken it one step further and had it limited to alliance members.
    Winning by soliciting votes from people who haven't got a clue about what a hot rod even is.
    That is not cool and the vote now means nothing IMO.

i.rant, ct1932ford and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. powrshftr

powrshftr

Correct me if I'm wrong,but you have to be a Hamb member to vote,do you not...?

I fail to see what the big deal is guys.

Scott

volvobrynk, RAZIN CAIN and Bull like this.
  24. You have to be a HAMB member and I do hope that we can grow the HAMB even more.And I hope when new members join that they share in the Gospel of the HAMB.Agree Danny HRP I'm not crazy about FB,but for our non-profit it's free advertising.Next year and the rest of this year I will listen to all your thoughts and be more exact about who can vote and what the pics can do.I'm Sorry....let's stick together

volvobrynk, Bull and ct1932ford like this.
  25. Mark,you know I love you brother and your cause and don't want to do anything to jeopardize The Shelby Foundation or stir up any trouble,I'll keep my mouth shut. HRP

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    hipster, RAZIN CAIN and Bull like this.
  26. 29 Speedster

29 Speedster
    from Colorado

This is about Suicide Awareness and Mark's initiative with Shelby' Hot Rod Roundup. Let's not loose track of that. This is much more important than winning an award, or introducing more members to HAMB, although I do appreciate both.

I do not know Mark Cain, but I sure he puts a lot into this program, and he and Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup deserve our respect and support.

Mark: Thanks for all you do, and stay the course.

RAZIN CAIN, ct1932ford and Bull like this.
  27. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

The cause is a noble one but in my opinion the voting has been tainted.Bullcrap!

RAZIN CAIN, ct34ford and ct1932ford like this.
  28. Swiss50chevy

Swiss50chevy

I am a HAMB member but was unaware of the contest until seeing Bull's Fb message. Thanks Adam

RAZIN CAIN, powrshftr and Bull like this.
  29. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Well Said, I agree completely. This is my last post on the subject. Mark, You do a wonderful things on awareness for your son. Keep up the good work. Larry

RAZIN CAIN and ct1932ford like this.
  30. Bull

Bull

What some of you are missing is that Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup is not just about the HAMB. The HAMB has no problem getting exposure on its own. It's more important than that (sorry Ryan ). My comments about exposure had nothing to do with bringing exposure to the HAMB and everything to do with bringing much needed and important exposure to Shelby's Way. It was my hope that people may click the link, be drawn in by some bitchin cars, and then hopefully be compelled to read more about Shelby's Way. From the time I posted on Facebook yesterday morning, the thread blew up after being quiet for a few days. I'm hoping it also brought folks to Mark's Shelby's Way Facebook page. If in the end it caused someone to educate themselves about suicide prevention or even compelled them to make a charitable donation to the organization, then mission accomplished.

RAZIN CAIN and powrshftr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.