Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Gary Meadors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Ryan, your comments are right on the money. Gary did "his thing" — no one else's! I worked with him on giving away GMC Trucks at his events in P-Town and he was always a gentleman and a businessman. He never forgot your name and always said hello when he saw you. He was a man's man and a true Hot Rodder. He was truly a "Goodguy" and will be missed by many.

Fly'n Kolors and HEMI32 like this.
  2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

A nice tribute Ryan.

Personally for me for the last 24 years at the Heartland Nationals July 4th weekend, pretty much each year, I was able to spend some moments with Gary and enjoyed eyeing a car or two together and enjoying the show.
    Always laughed each year about over 20 years ago (I think the second year ) Gary buying a pair of NOS 670-15 M&H Racemaster scalloped slicks I had that he wanted for his Hot Rod Nash.
    Said perfect size.

The guy lived his dream.

This last year was nice to say Hello to Marilyn as well.

I just liked the guy.

lothiandon1940 and HEMI32 like this.
  3. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Rest in Peace, Mr. Goodguy.

4. carzguy

carzguy
    from Iowa

R.I.P. Gary-----I have always enjoyed the goodguys, and have never missed one in Des Moines since they started----you will be missed !!

5. das858

das858

RIP Gary, he put on first class shows with something great for everyone.

6. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Ryan,

Nice job with the tribute. Condolences and best wishes for the family.

7. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Knew him before the GG and with GG. Hell of a business man, amazing visionary, and a real friend to hundreds of "regular folks and celebrities". He will be missed.

8. bondolero

bondolero

another icon gone. RIP Gary.

9. sad news, thoughts and prayers to his family & friends.. he will be missed... God Speed sir !

10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Got to know him when I started vending Good Guys events in the 90's. Always amazed me how he never forgot a name or face. Spoke with him at the Sheraton during breakfast at the last LARS. A true hot rodder and gentleman. RIP

11. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I never had the pleasure of meeting Gary, but everyone that I know that had the pleasure said he was a true gentleman, and a good guy. We just keep loosing good people, RIP Gary

12. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I have been attending GoodGuys events off and on for years, never have I not had a goodtime! Some better than others but always good. I never met the man in person, but by attending a lot of the events that his organization has put on you can just tell the person behind the shows pulling the ropes, knew how to let car shows be a family event! God Speed Mr. Meadors and Rest In Peace prayers and condolences to family and friends! Joe

13. fms427

fms427

RIP,Gary.....

Tried never to miss the Columbus Show, and went to others whenever I could. I think GoodGuys gave you a lot of fun for your money , and all of the event staff were helpful car guys first and foremost - something that was inspired by Gary.

You will be sorely missed, my friend.....

14. concreteman

concreteman

Great Guy - loved cars - a real car guy
    we Drag raced with Good-guys program back in day -
    Gary was always there - we ran the big white 49 4x4 -
    great fun - loved doing burn-out's for the kids

15. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

Gary was a great guy, and a car guy to the core. I met him repeatedly over the years and had a great deal of respect for him, he done a lot for our hobby and it will continue to grow and prosper thanks to him and the GG organization. He will be sadly missed and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

16. Sad passing. RIP

17. HOTRODRONNY

HOTRODRONNY

I meet Gary in the 1970s at the ladies day rod run in p-town with freinds Bill Burnham,an Jerry Lierman . . A year later he was at Formoso doing a VW event and like a lot of people have said remembered me . He always stopped at my swap space at the LA Roadsters Fathers day event to chat for a min. God Speed Gary Ron Raines "The Bakersfield Boy"

18. catdad49

catdad49

Prayers and Condolences to all. Hopefully there will be others to fill in for those that have been lost this past year! Thanks Ryan

19. This is so sad. As I said on another thread, I always thought Gary was much younger than his years, he always had that spark of contagious enthusiasm for his love of Hot Rods that you couldn't resist. He was such a part of this hobby that we never thought he would leave us so soon.

Like everyone has said, Gary was all Hot Rods, all the time and a genuine Good Guy. He would pay us a visit here in Prescott every so often and we would put on a big garage tour for him and anyone else that wanted to tag along. This year there were over thirty cars that made the trip up, even though the weather wasn't the greatest. Gary even had the misfortune of his '40 Ford breaking an axle and losing a wheel on the way up here but after sending it home on a rollback, he hitched a ride with someone else and still made it here with a smile on his face. On one of his visits a few years ago he told us that he didn't care if he saw a guy with a home-built hot rod in a single stall garage or a guy with a fleet of cars, he wanted to see them all and treated them as equals. He said he really enjoyed the guys that were wrenching and building their own stuff, and then driving the wheels off of them. This year he asked me how the hell I was able to collect so damn much stuff!

Gary always supported us at the Mid-West Deuce Club and our Deuce Doins has become a fixture at the GoodGuys events. The club was originally affiliated the NSRA, but were unwelcome there eventually. Their beef was our sale of club t-shirts at their events. We joined up with GoodGuys and never looked back. Gary never had a problem with that as you can see in this picture I took of him and Marilyn at the Des Moines Deuce Doins event in 2014. We're going to miss you Gary and your great smile, our thoughts are with Marilyn and your family.
    [​IMG]

HEMI32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Memorial for Gary Meadors
    February 14 - Sunday- approx Noon
    Blackhawk Museum
    3700 Blackhawk Plaza Circle
    Danville, CA
    check Goodguys on Facebook to confirm this

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  21. To elaborate on @Jalopy Joker's post ... from the GOODGUY's website:

[​IMG]

Join us as we celebrate the life of Gary "Goodguy" Meadors
    All Are Welcome

Bring a cool car! We will have approx. 200 parking spots for rods & customs

When: Sunday, February 14th, 2016 – 1pm

Where: Blackhawk Museum, 3700 Blackhawk Plaza Circle, Danville, California 94506 - map it

Attire: Semi-Casual

For those flying in from out of town, it is recommended you use Oakland International Airport.

In lieu of flowers, the Meadors family requests you make a donation for the direct replacement of salt initiatives to the Save the Salt Foundation. Please send and make checks or other gifts payable to :

Save The Salt
    C/O Russe Eyres
    3673 Millikin Street
    San Diego, CA

Or, click on the following link to make a direct, online donation: http://www.savethesalt.org/donate.html

22. In preparation for Sunday's "Celebration Of Life", Gary's '29 Roadster has been moved into the Blackhawk Museum:

GOODGUYS Roadster at Blackhawk Museum.jpg

oldsjoe and Paint like this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Today is his memorial Get-Together at the Blackhawk Museum, Danville, CA 1PM

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

PICS FROM MEMORIAL GET-TOGETHER< FEB 14 DSCN5558.JPG DSCN5559.JPG DSCN5560.JPG DSCN5561.JPG DSCN5562.JPG DSCN5563.JPG DSCN5570.JPG

oldsjoe and HEMI32 like this.
  26. Here's the video tribute to Gary:

oldsjoe likes this.
  27. What a fantastic tribute! We're really going to miss you Gary!

HEMI32 likes this.
  28. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Very Nice Tribute to a truly GOOD GUY! Joe

29. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

VERY NICE!! Thanks!!