Register now to get rid of these ads!

A John Force Christmas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce3wCpe, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

John is very cool.I've had the pleasure of meeting John a couple of times.He's the real deal!

2. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I think I've met a few of those pricks you speak of...

3. Reading this story every year for the past few years has become "traditional". :)
    Merry Christmas everyone!

4. Awesome Christmas story, I can relate totally to it, my father was a logger, here in the Black Hills of SD too, so there were times in our families life that we didn't have a lot but we learn to enjoy what we had and the closeness there was in our family. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of us Hot Rodders, remember things could be a lot worse, and it can happen any time in your life.

5. Thank you for re-posting this That is truly a Great Story that really makes you put life in perspective Merry Christmas!

6. Norman Boutat who was my good friend and right hand man in my shop in Ft Lauderdale, now works at Johns facility in Indy.
    Norman always speaks highly of him.
    My son has a picture of John and his self on his desk at the shop.
    Merry Christmas to all.

7. barlow1952

barlow1952

Wonderful post, Thank you very much. And as I sit here Christmas morning looking around that all we have and dont really realize in all our excitement that some families are not so fortunate John turned out pretty well with hard work and a little luck. It is something that can make someone reading that story, that there is always hope Best Christmas wishes to all

8. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

ME.GASSER likes this.
  9. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I absolutely love John Force. I have met him a few times and spoke on the phone with him. He's one of the nicest people you could meet. Thanks for bringing this up again.

pitman likes this.
  10. willymakeit

willymakeit

11. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember reading that story in National Dragster when it was fresh. Great story worth reading again and again.

12. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

It's that time again...Merry Christmas all !

Blues4U likes this.
  13. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Thanks, Merry Christmas to you too.

I've met and hung out with John several times, all business related stuff, but it was all mostly after hours. He's a great guy to hang with, great sense of humor and unpretentious, just one of the guys. We've had him speak at some business meetings, and the HR ladies are always nervous when John is speaking, he goes of script a lot and you never know what he's going to say.

And I've met Louie too, completely unrelated to my meetings with John. Again, it was business (Louie works with a local trucking company we were courting their business) Louie is just like John, talks just like him. Once he gets going you just sit back and listen. He's got loads of good stories and he likes to tell them. He showed us the new wheel stand truck he was building at the time, a very cool chopped and lowered old Pete with a Silver Series Detroit V8 engine with twin turbos.

Love him or hate him, he is the unquestioned fan favorite at any NHRA event.

14. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Thanks for that info...after reading the story I couldn't help but wonder what became of his brothers and sister.

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Thank you deuce,for an excellent Christmas story.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

16. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

A yearly tradition, I had to bump it !

doc's, Blues4U and pigfluxer like this.
  17. Fordors

Fordors

Thanks for the bump Marty, I'm spending the day with our six grandkids, and we are riding the Polar Express on Amtrak right now. If the Force story doesn't put you in a Christmas spirit nothing will.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  18. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Marty.Thanks for the bump.Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

19. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Marty. There are a few things I look forward to every year. Things you can count on. Like watching the Christmas Story, Charlie Brown and of course, a quick read of the John Force Christmas Story. And everything is right in the world. Merry Christmas!

Offset likes this.
  20. Have not read the John Force Christmas story before, haven't been here that long.
    I'm 74, John has been my hero for lots of years, his story tells a lot about the strength of a kid and his family who started out poor, with love of family and friends FIRST, then hard work, which then propelled him far beyond his imagination.
    Something for all of us to remember ..... the love of family and friends is the foundation of our lives.
    You're "RICH", with that foundation.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love that this story comes up every year. I will let him know about it.

22. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Thank you for bumping this Marty!

23. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Wow. What a family. Always gives you hope for humanity when you hear these stories.

24. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We gathered the family this morning and my son read the story to the family. I started but since I had read it before I thought I would choke up before getting it read. It is the start of a new family tradition and will be read every Christmas when our family gathers in the future. Thank you John Force.

25. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

It's that time of year again !

chryslerfan55 and pitman like this.
  26. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Bump for a yearly tradition.

The37Kid likes this.
  27. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

28. Incredible touching story and absolutely love all the comments. Cried like a baby.
    We all go through tough times, some more than others. Lord knows, I've paid my dues. Still am, for that matter. But I count my blessings each and every day.
    Merry Christmas to my entire HAMB family.

29. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Great story and I thank you for sharing it. Merry Christmas John Force and family, Merry Christmas to the HAMB folks.

30. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D^^^^^^^^ X10.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safre.
    Leo