Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ford F-1 gurus, need help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shane Spencer, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Hey all. Looking at buying a clean little f-1 with a flatty and 3 speed. Nice little truck. Only issue i have is that the owner claims its a 53, the truck is a 52 body style. He said hes had the vin run and it checked out as a 53 and its also titled as a 53. He said the only info he has gathered is it was a late release of the 52 style that must have been titled as a 53. The guy doesnt seem to be a bullshitter, ive just never heard of this on that particular year. Anyone have any info? ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1450307316.737825.jpg . Heres a pic of the truck. Thanks - shane

2. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In "the good old days" vehicles not sold in their current model year and were sold in the next year often
    were titled in the next year. I certainly cannot tell if that is your situation but it happened.........a lot.

I had that situation with a '58 Austin Healey. I did the research on ID numbers and got info on cutoff dates and other pertinent stuff. It seemed the car was made late in the model year and probably was sold as the later year. Armed with this evidence, I petitioned the Missouri DOR for a correction which was granted.

3. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Like lonejack larry said, most likely the DMV based the title off the sale date, not the model year. Run the VIN, it will undoubtly come up as a '52 and get it re-titled. Not a big deal, it will just cost you a few more pennies.

4. verde742

verde742

that was common, but I received a notice making it illegal sometime in the 70's.
    Volvo's did it for years, drove parts men crazy. I guess boat manufactures still do it, the year it sells is the year that goes on the title,,,not that any body cares about boats

5. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Does the frame number match the id numbers & title?

6. mike matters

mike matters

7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I bought a 57 chevy truck one time that the title said 58 but it obviously wasnt a 58 the title and vin matched and even said 57 in the vin on both so they fixed it rite there at the dmv and when I got the title back in the mail the title said 57 and was in my name.
    I would get it straightened out before you buy it, Its his problem now but if you buy it and dont get it straightened out guess whos problem it will be....

8. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your car COULD also be a '45, which I think was just a '42 with a '45 title. This info is what I have had from my Dad, c W W II veteran. Am I mistaken ? I welcome replies.

9. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would like to buy your truck with a funky title, and throw in that pooch. Just kidding. Clean ride.

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I have a '47, the paperwork is all correct. I'd LOVE it to be a '45, to match my 1911!
    "This is my .45 ACP, and this is my '45 59A-B!"
    Don't listen, fellas...It's the Bushmills talkin'... :eek:

Truck64 likes this.
  11. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

I havent seen the truck in person yet. I was just curious what was up with it. Ran the vin and it checks out as a 52