Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods lost my thread of Hemi Nash Metropolitan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arnolddyer, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arnolddyer

arnolddyer

Some how after answering all comments to my post I unknowingly must have erased my thread. Anybody know what happened or what I might have done?????

2. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

3. SR100

SR100

4. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I would bet it was deleted for being off topic. we do not do pro street tubbed cars here

6. arnolddyer

arnolddyer

7. arnolddyer

arnolddyer

No worries. Didn't think that deeply into it being off topic. My error.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

9. LAROKE

LAROKE

Vintage hemi in a vintage metropolitan. No talk of four-links or anything modern yet. Yes, I did see some mighty big tires mocked up under it. Who woulda thunk it? I was subscribed to follow the thread. I know it's hard making moderator decisions. Not a job I would want.

10. I noticed the big tires too.
    It would be cool to set the car up without the OT rear, throw some bias plys on, and rip em up.
    Some wide wides would look great with the black paint, would be a cool sleeper.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Put 10 inch pie crusts on a metropolitan and it looks prostreet even if it ain't! !! Those things are tiny!!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Kind of a shame it was deleted, I kind of liked it. I agree, a vintage Hemi in an old Nash Metropolitan is neat.
    The big motor in a small old car just screams hot rod.
    Ironically there is not much more traditional that stuffing as big an engine as you can into as light a car as you can find.
    Personally I understand the Hamb focus and enjoy the forum.
    At the same time I am not as narrowly focused in my own automotive interests and understand that hot rodding has a huge spectrum much larger than what we focus on here.

Appropriately I view the broad world of automotive hot rod ingenuity in other places where it is appreciated.

Maybe you can find such a place where your little Nash will be accepted and appreciated for what it is.

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. badshifter

badshifter

Use mine and your imagination.

Attached Files:

14. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that it would only be common courtesy to PM someone if their thread is deleted. How much effort would it take to send a PM saying "This thread has been deleted because it is off-topic."? It should be an option in the software to enter a reason when a thread is deleted. I personally thought this one was deserving of interest and am kind of amazed that it was deleted. It didn't even last as long as the "Skulls and Hula Dolls" one.

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  15. slammed

slammed

10" Pie crust cheater slicks too small for the build?

16. 117harv

117harv

A notice that is was off topic wouldn't have been needed if the poster would have followed the rules it states no aftermarket IFS. You were amazed that it was deleted, a Pro street Nash with Mustang 11 suspension? The car is cool and I have seen some wild Metros but this one doesn't fit the HAMBs focus.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You missed my point completely. I never said it wasn't off-topic. I just think that the focus of the H.A.M.B. is a little more sophisticated that the average car enthusiast can comprehend at first, and a notice that a post is "Off-topic" would be a desired learning experience. I know better now, but when I first discovered this site, I was so excited that there were a bunch of other guys out there that shared my enthusiasm about old cars that I might have posted just about anything.

kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  18. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

19. .....kinda' like a "hey ... ya' f#cked up, but I still love ya'" note that we all have gotten before. Yep, those help. Otherwise you're just starstruck/confused from just getting the sh#t slapped out of you. Thanks dad !!

^^...that Nash with the radiused wheelwells is it!^^

20. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

For sure--for sure, I have to agree with the monitor on this one, this car belongs on the "STREET FREAKS" web site, you know where all the HOT LOOKING, NASTY, WOMEN, who sit on the current vehicles, such as the one in question, much like the PIN UP girls did in the 50's, only difference is that they post their phone numbers (and you can call collect). Oh yea, they are hot for old bald men, who are un-employed, and still living in their parents basement.
    Only kidding about this, don't get excited, and don't worry, as soon as I remember where I put it, I will post the site to the STREET FREAKS web site.
    I will pass on the monitor position also.

21. Kid
    I'm with ya friend. ya get the note take it under advisement and move on with life.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. badshifter

badshifter

The op said he was told it was deleted for being OT: " Wait a minute---according to the Moderator, he thinks it may have been deleted for being off topic."

But really, do we need a moderator to tell us a pro street project is NOT a traditional hot rod?
    How many OT threads would it take to turn this place into a mess? If they took the brakes off, this site would be junk in less than a week. FACT.

Moriarity likes this.
  23. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

that's enough fellas.

1951 henry j likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.