Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The AD pickup gets some love.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NoSurf, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Jay...If this thing is going to be ready for the BBQ, you better pick up the pace a little bit. Slacker.

2. NoSurf

NoSurf

I don't think I will have it ready for the HAMB-B-Q April 20. I am shooting for the KKOA show end of July.

3. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

You are a machine.....I'm just hoping to have all of the shit that's piled around the roadster moved in time for the BBQ.

4. NoSurf

NoSurf

Tool:

[​IMG]

I set the motor in the chassis:

[​IMG]

I worked on the cowl a little bit more:

[​IMG]

Tuck likes this.
  5. Looking good Billy Jay!

Is that a dropped axle?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. NoSurf

NoSurf

Yes it is.

I flipped the cab back onto the bottom this morning. This vintage speed wrench dropped out of between the inner and outer back of the cab:

[​IMG]

I think it's a Curtiss-Wright MN15?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Looking great bobby sue!

8. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Keep flipping that cab over and before long, you'll have entire tool set.....or the hantavirus.

Looks good, man. I dig the cleaned up inline sitting in the painted up chassis! Nice!

9. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

What's up, Man?? No worky worky on the AD?? Or have you just been busy pullin' your pork for the HAMB-B-Q??

10. Roothawg

Roothawg

Dude, I need updates since I didn't get to make the BBQ.

11. I heard the cab is on the chassis..... PIX!?

12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I guess I'm not the only curious one. What's new with the truck?

13. NoSurf

NoSurf

This is what's new with the pickup haha:

[​IMG]

Between that and both daughters playing softball, I haven't had much time lately. I need to work on it though.

I did get the impala running and drove it to work last week. New waterpump and a fresh battery.

14. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Jay...I feel your pain! Between the baseball games and practices and projects at the house, I've been slow moving with the Bel Air and the Dust Bowl has seen next to no love since the BBQ. It's that time of year, I guess.....

15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Wow! How you had time to make the truck look like a 100 year old porch is beyond me but you nailed it! I bet sitting on that you'd expect to turn around and see a house instead of a truck cab haha.

Understandable, Sarah and I are getting ready to move south and it seems if it doesn't involve putting something in a box or calling a realitor its probably not going to get done.

See you in July :)

16. NoSurf

NoSurf

So last weekend I bought a box of stuff that I will need when I get back to this project in earnest. Trying to get motivated to work on it.
    2015-12-06 13.51.57.jpg

Wiring harness, windshield glass and a bunch of little things.

It's been awhile since I have worked on it. I don't really have a place to get it going quite yet. I need to shuffle some things around and make some room in the one car garage.

17. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

That's a damn, good score right there. Just keep after it. It's going to be a sweet ride. Maybe take this winter and keep adding little parts to the pile for it. That and like you said, get an area designated for the build and all of that may help to keep you focused until you can get after it. FOCUS....isn't that what you always tell me?!?!