Register now to get rid of these ads!

Young Blood from Houston, Texas.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Andrew4180, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Andrew4180

Andrew4180

Hi there, my name is Andrew Thornton, from La Porte, Texas. Im 19 years old and im a bracket racer in the No-Box/No-E categories at several tracks in east Texas. I race a 1981 Camaro, with a 383ci sbc, th400 trans, and 4.10 gears. Was a garage build for me, my dad, and a couple of friends that helped from time to time. has been a best of 11.57 at only 113mph with 4.56 gears and a powerglide. I make youtube videos consisting of 2 series, one following my racing adventures, and one of me chasing "Ghost Tracks". Have done several tracks in Texas, one in Missouri, and plenty more to come.

For example, my most recent "Ghost Trax" video. The long disused Longhorn Speedway in Pilots Knob, Texas.

Hope yall enjoy what I have to share, I love reading up on the stories of years gone by.

2. Welcome to the Hamb Andrew..

Allow me to give you a heads up about the site since you may have missed the rules of the Hamb,we a traditional hot rod & custom oriented group and is designed for 65 and earlier cars. HRP

Rules

3. zip357

zip357
    from fresno,tx

Welcome from Fresno tx

4. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

Welcome Aboard looking at your vidio of the old strip reminds me of our old drag strip U S 30 near Gary Indiana. Don in N W Indiana

5. Andrew4180

Andrew4180

Hotrodprimer, thank you for the info, I did miss that part. I don't own a car of that time period... Yet. I jumped on more for the history of old tracks and reading the stories of those who lived it, I'll keep my ride out of the posts.

Donald, thank you, and I hope to make a trip to us 30 someday. Moving to Joplin, Mo makes that easier than its been in the past. Haha