Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dark British Racing Green

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayne-o, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

this is a swatch of the PPG color I posted earlier...
    [​IMG]

2. GlenC

GlenC

Concours racing car painted BRG... Westfield?

I believe Triumph also used the 'light' BRG along with MG etc, while the 'dark' BRG was reserved for Jag, Bentley etc.

Cheers, Glen.

Attached Files:

3. hotrodgary

hotrodgary

Bringing this one back from the grave!...
    Would love to see some new pictures of some cars in Dark British Racing Green or similar!? Gotta be some new ones out there since this thread was started!??
    Im considering it on my 28 Truck.
    - Gary

4. My first car was a 1979 Chevy truck that a dark, non-metallic green. I always thought that color would look great on old car or truck. Might be worth checking out???

5. wayne-o

wayne-o

Wow,
    I started this thread in 09 when I was looking for a color for my roadster. The code for what I used is PPG # 46968. I believe this is off of a 2007 Jag but not 100% sure. It is the same color that is on George Poteet's 32 5 window that Moal built. I saw the car and liked the color, e-mailed Moal and they were kind enough to send me the code. Have had tons of compliments on the color.
    Wayne

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

This thread is so old that it now is moss green.
    But seriously that color looks so good that I can't imagine any car not looking great with it.
    With me; the interest in this color goes back to 1965-66 when a friends older brother bought a new Sunbeam Tiger that was BRG.
    Man that car was beutiful and fast, and at 12 years old, first impressions stick with you.
    I had ridden in a pretty fast 62 Corvette, but that 260 Tiger had to be the closest thing to a
    Shelby Cobra on the street at the time, BTW, the other brother had an Avanti.

7. hotrodgary

hotrodgary

Yes it's old lol, I've read a few threads but his one caught my interest and I have seen a few greens and was hoping to see some new pics!? Got to be some new cars painted the color seen 2009 lol?

There's a 33/4 chopped four door, full fender sedan I seen at a few of the Goodguys shows this summer that was a really nice dark green but could never find out the actual color? Here is the car...
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446502236.841036.jpg

Wayne-o that is the color I like thanks a lot for the code!! Got any pics you could post of the roadster?
    Thanks, Gary

8. wayne-o

wayne-o

Gary, a few pics of my car. image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg

hotrodgary and tb33anda3rd like this.
  9. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Since this thread has been brought back to life I'll post an update on my roadster . It's been finished for six years and although I took off the flames last year , it's still the same original dark green color . 934_010WCN2015_web2015[1].jpg

charleyw, hotrodgary and tb33anda3rd like this.
  10. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

BRG was assigned as England's racing color in 1903, as a compliment to Ireland. In those days racing on public roads was not allowed in England so they held the Grand Prix in Ireland.

Over the years different companies used different shades from lime green to practically black. So you could use nearly anything and call it british racing green.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. here is the dupont paint code; 48944 brg
    oem '68[?] jaguar 1753hgd
    MUST use a primer shade ss7 [black] to achieve the black at night/green during the day look.