Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Non permanat adhesive for a decal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gus68, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Gus68

Gus68
    from Minnesota

Hey guys!!! My Dad had a cool dealership decal made to put on the back of my 62 chevy. Thing is he had it made as a thin magnet. While it does stick I have noticed that in the little I have driven it, the decal will slide out of place. Now I whould HATE to lose it but I would like to be able to remove it if I would like to some day. So what would be a good glue that would be easy to remove some day? Rubber cement?

2. 3M Spray adhesive,used on just the decal/magnet and allowed to dry before affixing it to the car will be easy to remove as it will not be permanently but should stay as long as you need it too without any damage to the paint. HRP

3. Gus68

Gus68
    from Minnesota

Really! I never thought of that. I would think it would stick pretty hard? Thought that stuff stuck HARD.

4. bob3757

bob3757
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tigard, Or

How about double-sided tape ?

5. stimpy

stimpy

I would not use 3m spray adhesive that stuff does it job and sticks the stuff together , what you want is a semi permanent adhesive like what they use in the printing industry . Avery Denison makes stuff we used for painted trailers to put temp vinyl signs on the sign will stays on for a long time till you pull it off at a high angle and leaves no residue and will not pull paint . you have to contact them on the product numbers .

6. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Go to a sign shop, they have a clear static cling material that should work.
    It can be used over and over again and adheres really well to glass.
    KK

7. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

There was an adhesive for DA discs, before they went self adhesive, that was made to stick well but remove easily. Any chance that is still available?

Gary

8. I have used 3M and several other brands to do this.

Used on both surfaces it is permanent but spraying only one surface it IS temporary bond! HRP

9. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

3M makes a double sided tape that is used to mount car emblems. It's weatherproof and sticks like mad but if you want to remove it you can saw it off with some dental floss and not hurt the paint.