Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help in getting my 52 hudson wasp hot roded

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hudson52sam, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

I'm some what on a nickel and dime budget right now, and I know a few things that can give me more hp, like the twin H carb set up for my 262, Clifford headers, mild cam , know I'll have to go threw allot of other stuff, but from what I've read and seen , these can run low numbers in a 1/2 a mile, That's where I'd like mine to be, would be nice if I could just find a would rebuild racing kit, I know about cars but this is the first hudson I've ever had , so any thoughts , suggestions, tips will help me to get my wasp hot rod worthy

2. Squablow

Squablow

Some had a factory aluminum head too, not sure when those came out, I know where one is sitting.

Hudson52sam likes this.
  3. pdq67

pdq67

I'm sorry, I was thinking of the Hudson Jet. The small Hudson that sold against the Henry J and Willys Aero Eagle.

My bad.

Please carry-on.

pdq67

Hudson52sam likes this.
  4. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish. If your goal is to "run low numbers in a 1/2 a mile" and that means some kind of racing, the cheapest way will be to replace the engine with a Chev 350, matching trans and Ford rear axle.

The Wasp has a 127HP engine. It would cost thousands to get that up to a stock 350's HP level.

Now if you wanted to have fun on the street I would say leave the 262 in it and maybe even do a mild hop up for laughs. But for all out HP an engine swap is the way to go.

Hudson52sam likes this.

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Where do you get to run 1/2 mile? Would you run the mile if it was available?

6. Canus

Canus

If you want to stay Hudson get and build a 308. Would be a bolt in and has more "speed" parts available.

Hudson52sam likes this.