Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods R.I.P DAVE LOWERY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40ragtopdown, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Thoughts and prayers out to the Family. Sad news indeed.

2. sololobo

sololobo

R.I.P. hot rod brother, keep the top down when cruzin heaven in the 40

3. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Sorry for your loss. Rest in peace.

ahgarageohio and 40ragtopdown like this.
  4. Nobey

Nobey

Sorry to hear of you loss. Yes it is way to young.

5. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I'm really sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

6. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Wow so sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed talking to you and your brother at the shows. He will be missed by many. RIP Dave.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ahgarageohio & 40ragtopdown - sincere sympathy goes out to both of you, and the rest of the Family

8. vert1940

vert1940

so sorry Gary....can honestly say Randy and I have enjoyed your brothers company at the blue suede cruise these last few years..in fact his whole family is a pleasure to be around...can't imagine the loss for you all...thoughts and prayers to you all...your twin brother,Mark and Randy

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  9. I'm sorry this has happened.

10. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Thoughts and prayers from Oklahoma.

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Waaay too young. So sorry to hear.
    Prayers for peace and strength from the desert.

12. Man I am sorry to hear that. My little brother checked out @ 55 and it was really hard for me. I hope you are OK.

I'll keep you in my thoughts if you need anything I am just a PM away.

13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry for the loss of your Dad :(. Godspeed to him and Condolences to your family.
    I lost a brother when he was 28, way too young to go.

14. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. Prayers for you and the family.

15. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Thanks for everyones condolences anyone interested in attending the services they will be at Busch funeral home 114 2nd street Elyria Ohio Thursday October 22 from 12 to2 and5 to7 p.m. Once again thanks for all your thoughts and prayers Gary &Mike

ahgarageohio likes this.
  16. ahgarageohio

ahgarageohio
    from ohio

I'm balling my eyes out reading these messages. You guys are the best. Thank you

17. Aeroman

Aeroman

I'm sorry to hear of your loss

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

18. Dave's Obituarie HRP

David M. Lowery
    [​IMG]David M. Lowery, 55, of LaGrange, passed away at home unexpectedly Sunday, October 18, 2015. He was born April 26, 1960 in Elyria and resided in LaGrange for the last 13 years, coming from Elyria.
    David attended Elyria High School, Class of 1978. He was a truck driver for 20 years with the Gregory Trucking Company, a member of the Goodguys Car Club and “National Street Rod Association”. He enjoyed hot rodding, building hot rods with his son and brothers, vacationing with family and friends and spending time with his grandbabies.
    David is survived by his wife of 35 years, Vivian (nee Lear); daughter, Vicki (Mark) Burnette of Elyria; sons, Michael (Kara) Lowery of Elyria and David Dustin (Tabitha) Lowery of Tennessee; grandchildren, Madison and Mason Burnette, Autumn Lowery, at home; siblings, William Lowery (Thelma), Eugene (Mary) Lowery, Gerald (Sandy) Lowery, Geraldine Nichols, Frank Lowery, Judith (Joe) Foehlinger, Gary (Kathy) Lowery; sisters-in-law, Lynn Lowery, Dottie Maltarich, Margie Lowery and uncle of many.
    He was preceded in death by his parents, Elton and Mary (nee Chaplar) Lowery; brothers, Donald, Robert, and Daniel Lowery; sisters, Shirley McClure and Diane Lowery.
    Friends may call Thursday, October 22, from 12 until 2 and 5 until 7 P.M., at Busch Funeral Home, 114 Second Street, Elyria. Funeral Service will follow at 7 P.M., in the funeral home. Pastor Lou Will, First Presbyterian Church, will officiate. At the request of the family, please wear Street Rod t-shirts, blue jeans, and come in your hot rod. www.buschcares.com

19. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Lots of pain and suffering in this thread. May the strength of our Lord abide in all of you who have lost friends and family and may those that have left us rest in peace.

20. mnstr572

mnstr572
    from ND

Sorry to hear. :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

21. Marken

Marken

Thoughts and prayers to the family. May he RIP.

22. Seen your cars at K'zoo just last month. I lost my father in law when he was 54 and feel your pain.
    Deepest sympathies to you and all your families at this difficult time.

40ragtopdown and ahgarageohio like this.
  23. rust&patina

rust&patina

Sending this with a tear in my eyes... Gary & Mike, I'm very sorry for the loss of your brother & father... may he Rest In Peace... prays to both of you and all your families... really going to miss BS'ing with Dave at Columbus Goodguys swap & Sandusky swap... take care...

40ragtopdown and ahgarageohio like this.
  24. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Sorry for your loss,may he RIP.

25. Sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace......

26. albertaboy

albertaboy

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

27. RIP....So sorry to hear this. Way to young.......

28. choptop48

choptop48

Condolences, Cherish all the great fun and moments of laughter you had together.

29. ahgarageohio

ahgarageohio
    from ohio

30. What a great tribute to David,I'm sure he would approve. HRP

Motorized memorial offers tribute to LaGrange hot rodder

One might say David M. Lowery wanted to go out with a roar, or better yet, the rumble of customized hot rods he loved so much.

[​IMG]

Many drivers tooling past Busch Funeral Home on Second Street on Thursday afternoon likely did a double-take or two when they spotted more than a dozen vintage hot rods and other customized cars in the parking lot, to say nothing of the eye-popping 1932 red and yellow Ford coupes sitting on the front lawn.

The LaGrange man, who died this week at 55, was well-known among those who shared his love of cool, classic cars — of which he owned an estimated 14 or 15.

Lowery’s passion for hot rods truly was a family affair, according to his brother.

“It runs in the bloodlines,” Gary Lowery said as he stood talking with friends outside of the funeral home, wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the phrase “Life is short … drive a hot rod.”

David Lowery came from a family of nine brothers and four sisters.

“I’d say seven of the nine brothers were into cars and still are,” Gary Lowery said.

Lowery’s family requested that those wishing to pay their respects “please wear Street Rod T-shirts, blue jeans, and come in your hot rod,” which is just what many did.

One of David Lowery’s first cars was a 1956 Chevy station wagon that came “out of a junkyard,” according to Gary Lowery, who said that his brother may have wanted to race the car, but it didn’t work out that way.

“Every turn he took with it, he would break something,” Gary said with a grin as he recalled the car.

As he recalled happier times, Gary joked about the red and yellow Ford coupes on the funeral home’s front lawn.

“They were Fords … with Chevy engines of course,” he said.

One of the vehicles David Lowery drove to local cruise-ins at fast-food restaurants and the Big Lots parking lot on East Broad Street was a 1940 Ford Deluxe Sedan Delivery, which the family had sitting in the funeral home parking lot.

“That is a rare car,” Gary Lowery said. “There were only about 3,000 made.’

The car featured smoothly-rounded contours and an Art Deco dashboard.

One of Lowery’s friends who stood by the vehicle said he was always impressed by the brothers for their willingness to take their custom cars out, regardless of the weather.

“A lot of guys won’t take their cars out if it looks like rain,” said the man, who declined to give his name. “If they couldn’t drive them, they didn’t want them.”

A truck driver by profession, David Lowery always knew when there was anything car-related going on, according to the friend.

“He loved the Blue Suede Cruise at Norwalk dragstrip. That’s a big deal. It runs for three days,” he said.

The fondest memories for any of the brothers were made taking road trips to custom and hot rod car shows and cruise-ins, according to Gary Lowery.

Those shows took them to Memphis, Tenn., Columbus, Louisville, Ky., Oklahoma City, Okla., and St. Paul, Minn. Gary Lowery and another man noted recent turnouts of 11,000 vehicles at shows in Louisville, and even more in Minnesota.

“A lot of us are getting older, but there are some young guys who keep the flame going,” Gary said, nodding to David’s son, Mike, who stood nearby talking with others who stopped by to honor their custom car-loving friend.

“He was a true street rodder,” according to Gary Lowery.