Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Lets start a thread for trucks with car noses on them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NashRodMan, Oct 16, 2015.

1. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

For give me and delete this thread if one already exists. I tried a search to no avail.

For sometime now I have been thinking the 46/47 Ford truck grille and how to improve on it. In doing that I stumbled upon Nostaligia Sid's 47 Ford with a 47 car nose on it. It looked really cool. I emailed Sid and asked if it was a bolt on swap or if it took a lot of metal work and his response was that it was a LOT of work. Needless to say the work paid off. So, I started searching for other trucks with car noses and only found 1 more. Here are pics of those 2 trucks. The first one is Sid's and the second 1 came from a thread here by drsweenyrod on his panel. Anyone else have a truck like this or have pictures? Lets post them up here. If you've done one tell us how you did it.
    Paul

Attached Files:

guthriesmith, rod1, swade41 and 13 others like this.
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

No pics but I like it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

Never seen that done before. Very cool

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

these aren't mine, but had them stored for a stalled project

Attached Files:

nunattax and droppedstepside like this.

5. Cool idea for a thread. I've seen a few of these over the years and it always has people scratching their heads. One of the best ones was a pick-up done back in the 60's. It was a Gold & White '41 Ford with a '40 deLuxe front. I'll try to dig through my old mags as it was a R&C feature car.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  6. I miss- 10162015.jpg spoke earlier. Turns out it was a '37 cab with '40 DeLuxe front sheetmetal. August, 1962 R&C. Owner: Mr. Ray Nish, Oakland, California.

Nailhead Jason and wraymen like this.
  7. little red 50

little red 50

Studebaker did it from the factory in 1937. This truck belongs to a friend of mine.
    1937 studebaker_0001_NEW.jpg 1937 studebaker_NEW.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  8. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I really like the idea. The picture of the 47 seems a bit off to me. The front car fenders are squarish and the back truck fenders are really round. I think it would really set it off if it had the car rear fenders graphed on or a later model truck fender. May be someone can photoshop it. Just my two cents.

Greenblade and Hnstray like this.
  9. Anyone in the Oakland area remember this truck or Mr. Nish? Is he still with us? 10162015_0003.jpg

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  10. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are threads of two different '40 pickups with deluxe front sheet metal on here. try different search terms and keep looking.

11. I like this one ALOT!! Sondre-Kvipt-1934-ford 1.jpg

Attached Files:

12. belair

belair

^^^^^^^ best Ranchero ever.

13. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For some reason, I really like "Edseleros". Here's a picture I found. edselranchero.jpg

14. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Thanks for all the replies, guys. Awesome picts/examples of this. I really would also like to hear from those that have done it how it was done. For Sid's truck (and I'm paraphrasing here) he mated the front sheet metal of the car to the rear half of the truck sheet metal...with a lot of blending of course.

ironrodder likes this.
  15. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

OMG that is nice. I see 6 lug wheels too, hmm.

16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

They are not really that much diffrent from front to back no more than the factory ones were diffrent from front to back on those trucks.(42/47).........If you grafted the car rear fenders to match those, it would just look more like the later model f1s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. jjjmm56

jjjmm56
    from FL.

Here's a 37 passenger I'm putting on my 36 ATTACH=full]3030558[/ATTACH] ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1445020847.121307.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

18. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

JJJ,
    Tell us how you are doing it. Major mods or easy swap or somewhere in between??

19. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thats the shit right there.The pickup with the 47 front sheet metal on it needs the f-1 rear fenders. Same shape as the front and they have the same body line down the fender.

20. jkski

jkski

Here's 1946 with 37 car front end.jpg 1946 with 37 car front end2.jpg 1946 with car front end.jpg panel with cad front end.jpg a couple I have seen.

21. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

22. Larry T

Larry T

Got any more of the RPU. That picture is kind of small but it looks a little like this one that was for sale years ago. rpu.jpg

23. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

Sorry for no pictures but I had a '60 Ranchero that I put a Comet front on. I told people that it was the Canadian version because it had 4 headlights and it was dark up there half the year.

I think that the only picture of it I have is from craigslist. The guy that bought it from me took it all apart and then listed it for sale.

24. 55willys

55willys

I though that when I saw the first picture but read down the whole thread and saw that I was not the only one. The work of the front graft is amazing but should have been carried through to the rear.

25. I agree..or should have.

26. Here's a couple of "works-in-progress" from last year's Newport Hill Climb. Somebody smarter than me is going to have to figure out exactly what was matched up with what to come up with these combinations... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. 55willys

55willys

The black one looks like they used a 38-41 Ford truck cab back on it from the body lines I see. The green one looks like they used the back of possibly a 35-36 Chev four door sedan and filled the wheel well areas in.

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for starting this thread, I'd like one of these some day. Bob

[​IMG]

putz, exterminator, Paul B and 4 others like this.