Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ogden Plating, Experience?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by G V Gordon, Oct 5, 2015.

1. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

At the Ft Worth Goodguys this past w/e I visited with the fellows from Ogden Plating out of Utah.
    Their pricing seems reasonable and includes freight both ways. Looking for a shop to do the bumpers on the '60 LeSabre.
    Anyone have first hand experience with this shop?

2. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

They do a good job.

3. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Had them do some work.
    Sent them 2 41 Ford bumpersfor a quote,after they looked at the bumpers,they gave me a price.Later they said they didn,t charge enough and they wouldn,t fix their mistakes
    Lied twice about delivery time,gave me the run around.
    Welded a crack on one bumper and never ground it down before they plated it.
    Ask Pinkee about the engine mounts they lost and the 32 cabriolet windshield frame they ruined
    You have been warned

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Had the bumpers done on my Cadillac by them...I also had them do the finish on the Dagmars after I cut them and rewelded them...you'd never know I even modified them and their chrome work is outstanding...me and my Cadillac are featured on their blog page...

I'd use them again and again...!!!

R-

5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I've heard of the quoted price being raised after they found more work in the process happening to more than one person. The people that like them, really like them. The rest, not so much

6. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Years ago, Ogden did the bumpers on a '56 Plymouth Suburban for me. Pickup/delivery man said they had no templates to straighten them, but had old guys there who could get them straight. The front looked like it had been jacked up with a handyman in the middle, and the rear had 3 torched holes for an assortment of trailer balls and a piece torn clear out ... 3 weeks and $670 later, I had a pair of beautiful face bars, with all holes & damage repaired with no evidence of ever being repaired.
    Hopefully, the same management is still running the operation.