Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG to H.A.M.B. Have project 40 Ford Deluxe Coupe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by BM1Retired, Sep 3, 2014.

1. BM1Retired

BM1Retired
    from Missouri

New to the site but old to streetrods and bikes. Ride with the Combat Vets Association and need to get my 40 up. Had a bad wreck with my 55 Chevy Sedan Delivery a year after retiring from the Navy Brown Water. I also did brown water in Nam 66 to 67. Had the 55 fixed to rolling chasy again, had to get a donor for the firewall. 17 year old kid turn in front of me on the highway and all I could do was go through him. He was ok and I had broken sternum, broken ribs cracke ribs, cuts an bumps and the 55 was totalled by his insurance. However---it's straight roller, gave it to my son who I deployed with to Iraq in 02 to 03 on river boats. I need to get my 40 up. Was a rollen street rod and the guy took it down and was dissapointed the work was just patch over and he couldn't do it so I got it reasonable, set up for small block chevy all the way back. Dropped Pete n Jake front w/disks. Really thinking about puttin it on a El Camino frame or something simlar. Any suggestions.

2. Welcome from Merrimac Ma What do you need for your 40

3. BM1Retired

BM1Retired
    from Missouri

It mainly is all there. Had been a running streetrod,SB Chevy, all the way back. I just need to get on it. Could have it on the road in 2 months but doing a lot of upgrading, adding on etc to house since I'm retired, or so they call it.

4. [QUOTE="BM1Retired, post: 10593814, member: 89743" Really thinking about puttin it on a El Camino frame or something simlar. Any suggestions.[/QUOTE].................I flinch when I hear that. What's wrong with the '40 chassis?

5. BM1Retired

BM1Retired
    from Missouri

Well I'm 70 now and believe it or not I'm working on the 40. Didn't realize how cherry the frame and body really is. 5 little small finger tip dimples by rear window. Firewall is perfect as is the frame. frame is set up with Pete & Jake dropped with buick disks, frame mounted booster and master cyl and porportioning valve and from is not dented or hacked. has to be aftermarket, just can't tell, transmission mount is semi enclosed. Friend of mine is hammer welding the fenders as the only real damage is the years. Got a 400 sb at local salvage yard and have alum intake and 4 barrel to put onit. Motor is supposed to have less than 15000 miles on it if that.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Good luck with your '40 and welcome to the HAMB. You'll be surprised to see how nice that car rides. Ours has P&J dropped axle, sway bars front and rear, parallel leaf springs in back and an unsplit front wishbone. Wife loves it, says it rides like our OT late model.
    Former Navy vet here too, deep water, missile sub in the 1960s.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. BMI, welcome...I'm a little late though...what part of MO?