Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Drag Week 2015 in an AFX Chevy II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Sep 22, 2015.

1. das858

das858

Congratulations Jim, you are the man! I'm proud to say I have met you, you represent the H.a.m.b. very well.

2. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

Great read, way to go with the first place and making the entire journey.
    Thanks for posting.

3. Great documentation of your adventures from the road. Thanks for posting

4. Nice work Jim.
    I was going to take one of the last minute cancellation spots but they changed the rules about street tires so all I could do was watch. Traveled most of the Racer route for fun and took this picture at one of the gas stops.

Attached Files:

squirrel likes this.
  5. This adventure has been terrific ! Thank you and your son for taking us all along! You Jim are a hero and a inspiration. I am now thinking about doing Drag Week 2016 with my coupe, because your story has been inspiring ! Because of you and sharing the trip, this has been a very exciting drag week. One that I will always remember as well. Thank you Jim. You are a winner in many ways. Mikey.

6. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Very cool! Congrats Jim

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is one of the all time drove it and raced it stories. Thanks for sharing.

8. 1st place A/Gas ! The win is all yours but you kind of represent traditional racing. Great read, and the trip of a lifetime.

9. millelacsrick

millelacsrick

10. millelacsrick

millelacsrick

Hi Jim Congratulations on your win. It was great that we could go on your super trip with you and your son. Its amazing the number of views on your other site. I really like your car and have followed along for awhile. Saw you race at Wild horse and at the 2015 Meltdown. Glad you had a safe trip and no major problems. Good luck on your next venture. Had to send you a picture at the Meltdown.

squirrel likes this.
  11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

watched your run via youtube and live feed. car looked great.. one day I will do the event

12. Yummy

Yummy

Congratulations Jim, it was nice to chat with you at the Meltdown Drags then see you run at GLD. That is an awesome car you built!

13. squirrel

squirrel

thanks everyone!

Video....

14. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great trip. Just opened my new Hot Rod Magazine and there is a nice 6 page spread on your car along with 13 color pictures. Oh, almost forgot that it is also on the front cover ! Congratulations !

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016