Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '34 Ford Truck, Hay Hauler to Hot Rod(Done!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3dnsouth, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Thanks fellas, she's comin' along. I can see daylight...:D!

2. Are you kidding me?

3dnsouth likes this.
  3. Have you ever seen him in shorts?

3dnsouth likes this.
  4. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Damnitman! Tim shes looking "R-I-G-H-T" that interior is spot on. Amazing how it flows together. The piping on the seat and door line up awesome. SOMEBODY CALL THE RODDERS JOURNAL! Get Pat on the phone we need some ink on this baby!!!

3dnsouth likes this.
  5. TLB@HCG

TLB@HCG

Are we gonna get to see this truck at Calhoun on October 10th?

Dog_Patch likes this.
  6. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

great job on the interior, you got alot done since I poked my head into this thread. You did a great job. If the wrinkles on the side of the seat keep bugging you, you could fix that easily with your skills. It wouldn't be too hard to fix, you would have to take the seat bottom out of the truck and remove some hog rings along the sides, stuff some foam in that area (or foam glued to a panel) and put in new hog rings...with all the other interior bits you have done, that would be a breeze.

3dnsouth likes this.
  7. I'm guessing not, but ya never know what's gonna strike me. I've got tags and insurance.....soooo, it would be a good short shakedown run for it.

stealthcruiser and Dog_Patch like this.
  8. Well, the day finally came. Time to fire it up and see how she does. It's been a long road to say the least. Definitely some tough spots along the way, but as always, learned a ton. This is basically one guy in his shop, building what he feels will be a good hot rod truck. Not over the top, but something that I could be proud of and be able to drive. I work a regular job (with a good bit of overtime...), like most of folks here. So, this was worked on before I went to work, on weekends, vacations, and whenever.....it was a long road, not gonna kid ya. Many days in the shop, listening to the tunes, sippin' a cool one, and working away. You wonder sometimes if there's gonna be an end. Then, one day, you can kinda see it, that dim light at the end of the tunnel. The motivation picks up a notch, and before you know it, it's time.

If you've read through the rest of this post, you pretty much know what I've had to do to get to this point. It really was a hay hauler farm truck from Oklahoma, old 1 1/2 ton truck. I've done pretty much everything on this truck except for: paint, THANKS Chad and the fellas at Adams Hot Rod Shop not far from here, I sanded and helped where I could, but that's about it, great job, and he hooked me up with some AS frame rails, the QC that I redid completely(tubes, axles, brakes, posi-trac unit, etc); Finish Line Interiors sewed my seat, nice job Jamie; my club buddy Ed and his friend rebuilt the Muncie there in the shop, thanks a ton fellas; Dickster here on the HAMB rebuilt me three 94 carbs, runnin' just fine, thanks man. That's 'bout all that comes to mind at this minute.

I'd really like to bring it down to the Lonestar Roundup next April for its first trip. (got a long wait, eh...dang it). I sure enjoy Austin and the Roundup. It's been a while since I've been. I took my roadster down a few times and said I wasn't going back until I could bring my truck. Well, looks like I should make the next one.

Enough of the words, I'm gonna try to post a video of 'crank day' and 'first drive'. Thanks Ed and Amber for being there for the crank/drive and helpin' out, really appreciate it!! Hope this works, thanks for reading along.

9. Congrats!!!, That is a good day.
    Although my '33 isn't done done, I also fired and had my first drive recently.
    My plan is to drive to Austin also, love to see your truck in real life.
    Great job!

3dnsouth likes this.
  10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

VERY COOL
    WHATS THE STORY ON THE TRUCK BESIDE THE GARAGE?

11. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

Sooooooooooooo NICE !!!!!!! Congrats !!!!

3dnsouth likes this.
  12. Congrats Tim! So much awesomeness

3dnsouth likes this.
  13. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats

3dnsouth likes this.
  14. Wow that thing is a beauty! Congrats!

3dnsouth likes this.
  15. That's my '57. It's a great driver, pretty good shape, 283, 3sp w/factory overdrive, pretty much stock. Looked a long time to finally find a decent one.I think there are some pictures in my albums at the profile page....I think, haven't looked in a while.

16. Scrappydoo

Scrappydoo

Thats a beautiful truck! Great job.

3dnsouth likes this.
  17. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

Great job Tim!!

3dnsouth likes this.
  18. Looks, sounds, and appears to drive awesome! Congrats man! Can't wait to see it again and moving under its own power!

3dnsouth likes this.
  19. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

great job, looks and sounds fantastic.

3dnsouth likes this.
  20. This is awesome, very nice work.
    This thread was a pleasure to read.
    Thanks. :)

3dnsouth likes this.
  21. Man.......I hope mine has the exact same sound yours has on it's first drive.....that's hot rod music to me.

3dnsouth likes this.
  22. Badass! Man I've been contemplating moon disks on mine and they looks tits on yours!

3dnsouth likes this.
  23. Luv it!
    super job!

3dnsouth likes this.
  24. That's one awesome truck...looking forward to seeing it in person

3dnsouth likes this.
  25. greaser

greaser

Great job all the way through! This little truck is one of my favorite builds. Looks like a piece of jewelry.
    Did you attach the rain gutters with adhesive, or were they spot welded on?

26. loudbang

loudbang

Nothing like "well it's broken in now" and that first stab of the throttle and "let's see what she will do"

3dnsouth likes this.
  27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Cool I will check it out

28. I attached them with some of that new fangled metal adhesive the body shops use, strong stuff. The gutters fit the radius of the cab quite well, only tweaked a little bit to get 'em to lay against the cab for the full length. You want metal to metal, no primer or anything between. I don't have a spot welder and was afraid to try and TIG 'em. The dang things were $100 a piece, didn't wanna bone 'em up. So far, so good.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas, ready to enjoy some road time for sure!

greaser likes this.
  29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

you going to drive this beauty to Greer this weekend?
    That would be a good roadtest:)

30. Prolly not. Lookin' like a pretty nappy weekend in store.