Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 T28 Trojan Airplane becomes a car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlisle1926, Aug 17, 2012.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I know the expression, "If I have to explain it, you're not going to get it."

I just don't get it.

Brian

2. they have a place out in isrealthat makes parts for that half track ( esp. the tracks ) and they also have a following of people that restore the ....

w/ the p[lane build should be interesting to find parking for it once done =)

3. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

I plan on modifying this wreck into a WWII scout car. My Grandfather, Capt. James H. Francis, drove around in one of these in WWII as he entered Berlin. My thought is to paint it with the same markings that his scout car had. The difference will be a modern engine and rear axle so that it can drive down the highway at speeds greater than 40mph. Now for those of you that like to say "I don't get it". Its for the memory of Capt. Francis that I do it. Below is what a restored scout car looks like.

http://www.usarmymodels.com/AFV PHOTOS/M3 SCOUT CAR/M3 Scout Car LF.jpg

4. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

I bet some would wonder what would possess some one to cut the top off of a two door sedan and make an odd looking green, hump back, finely painted and finished,fenderless roadster that they dumped piles of money into. But I love the car and the creativity because you took a chance on an idea and made it happen and it came out great.

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Touche. ;) I'm not saying I don't appreciate it, I'm just saying that personally, I don't get it. I hope you finish it and get it drivable, and that I'll look at the photos and go, "OH, now I understand!"

And, somebody liked the roadster LOTS more than I did, so there were two of us…:p

Brian

6. that scout car kicks ass! itll be fun to go off roading in (or as the rednecks down here call it, '4 whillin') I know a guy who has a willys jeep, I saw him goin down the road the other day. I opened my window to give him a wave and as soon as he passed all you could smell was oil. anyway before you start cuttin and weldin on that heap do some cuttin and weldin on that t-28!

7. racer_dave

racer_dave

subscribed, because... why the hell not. I've got to see this as it progresses.

8. abone1930

abone1930

9. Just cant resist I have to subscribe!!

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

well shit...read the whole thread...3 years and nothing...sounds like the frame for my rpu project

ARNIE and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Hnstray likes this.