Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What's Happened To The Friday Art Show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xhotrodder, Sep 18, 2015.

1. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

So I love coming here on Fridays to see the Friday Art Show. But am wondering what the heck has happened to it. For the last couple of months it is never at the top of the page like it used to be. I got on last week and found it 3 pages back and put a bump on it to try to move it to the front page only to find out it didn't move at all. Today I went looking for it and after 6 pages I gave up looking for it. Doesn't anyone care about it any more? Just wondering cause we have so much talent on here.

2. Funny, when I saw this it was bout 12 post up ......

3. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Found it on the 2nd page on the 2nd try. Still wonder why they don't keep it at the top of the page on Fridays. Also don't see Hot Rod Jen's work any more. Life must get in the way as it does for most of us.

4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Not a knock on work that shows up every week but we need more participation here please.I dont have any new stuff ready yet.
    Come on out there,show us what you have.I myself love to see what makes people tick with their artwork!!!

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A lot of the regulars don't post anymore and I think Jeff N. was the one keeping it pinned to the top. I haven't seen him as much as I used to. Life gets in the way sometimes but the thread is still worth looking for.

6. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

The easiest way to find the art show is to do a search for "Friday" and make sure you click the "Search only titles" box. Those that have been starting the art show threads have been smart enough to put the date in the title as well so it's real easy to figure it which is the latest.

7. vintage tin

vintage tin

I agree. I am happy that there are a few die hards that keep it going.
    There used to be a lot of different artists participating regularly.
    Now, I am no good with remembering user names, but there was a welder, that used to post up photos of his creations, a guy in california i believe that was doing found object art, a vast array of graphic designers who posted quite a bit. There were a few amazing photographers too. The Friday Art Show used to blow me away with all the amazing posts. What was once HOT is now only kind of luke-warm. I miss what it used to be.
    I hardly even remember to look anymore. Used to be a priority for Friday mornings.

8. eye bone

eye bone

For myself life sort of did get in the way... became a caretaker for Mom until she passed... then a move to a different state... building an art studio in my new place... then I hope to start producing again... But something happened a few years ago... not sure what... that seemed to drive a bunch of artists away... What happened to Zombie, Von Franco, Hot Rod Jen, Ben, etc to name but a few... most on Facebook posting... but not here anymore... where's Sherlock Holmes when you need him... "I tel ya!"