Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1958 ford skyliner front clip removal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by [email protected], Sep 17, 2015.

1. paulm627@hotmail.com

[email protected]

Hey Guys, I want to remove the front clip on my car in 1 piece. I hear that it can be removed by taking off 11 bolts. I found 7. 2 on the top of the fender, 1 on the bottom, on each side, and 1 in the middle of the radiator support. Has anybody here tried taking it off in 1 piece? Where are those other 4 bolts? Is this job easy as I hear? All comments and suggestions are welcome, before I attempt this. Thanks in advance...Paul

2. Look inside the kick panel with a strong light source.

3. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look in the wheelwell at the rear about half way up, there is a bolt through the inner fender to the firewall, one on each side. And there should be one bolt/nut on each side securing the splash pan to side bumper brace. Your four missing bolts.

Also removing the bumper will make it a relatively easy, but cumbersome, job once you deal with the wiring and disconnecting or removing the radiator.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  4. PTO

PTO
    from CA

From my memory:
    one at the bottom of the radiator support
    one on each side of the bumper ends, so 2 there
    top of the fenders by the windshield is 2 more
    inside the door jamb are 2 more(one each side), pretty hard to see but not that hard to get to
    on the inner fender are 2 more, one on each side. Look towards the firewall.
    Then 2 more on the rocker panel, one on each side under the car.

That should be all 11. Pretty easy to do.