Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1959 Wilson & Steely Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by djtwigsta, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Genes12320

Genes12320

How is the spider web done? I have not seen that before.

2. I love this car, and I told him multiple times when I saw it in person a few years ago.

3. That is amazing! Whoever did the paint is a ruler! I'd also like to see it in some deep deep dish Cragars (70s lowrider style), orrrrr some Tri-Rib Radars (But it's not my car and the owner can do whatever he wants with it). Totally love the paint though:cool:

4. KCsledz

KCsledz

The individual close up are nice because you can focus on the details. But it is too hard to see the car through the paint in the full car pics. Pick your pints of interest to draw the eye to.

5. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

6. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

7. I think I'd keep the cool little spider web above the grille.

8. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

9. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

10. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

11. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I personally do not like this series of T-Birds but that is not what this is about. This car is representational of a 60s custom and that was achieved. Problems with the presentation are; the reflections where it was photographed make the paint look dirty, the radials look out of place, the T-Bird insignia ruins the line of the paint, the tail light bullets, although traditional should have been flat like an Impala and in keeping with the boxyness of the car. The black wheels are perfect, any more chrome and the paint would have gotten lost. The way he used chrome, thin applications on the wheels, around the windows, the spear and the scoop transition the massive front bumper to the massive rear bumper without faulting the paint. The myriad of paint effects i.e. fish scales, flames, webs panels is certainly over the top but again right on for the period. The interior is perfect, drawing the paint colours inside and still keeping the design clean. Wide bias whites would have been the exclamation point.

Wuga