Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '50's packard side spears w/spearhead

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by anteek49, Sep 1, 2015.

1. anteek49

anteek49

I just found a set of early '50's packard door and fender trim with the spearhead on the fender piece. What is a fair price to offer;he's a old friend and don't want to lowball him. i've tried to get it for 20 years and he's finally relented. He has lots of other goodies and I don't want to upset him.

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Will he not set a price for the moldings? Seems that way, he could not possibly be dissatisfied.

I have heard the exchange......"how much do you want?"......"make me an offer"........."it's your property"

Ray

3. anteek49

anteek49

He doesn't do that. His fuse is shorter than my crank. He will say he wants to think about it and will throw it in the junk pile. CLOSED

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

:confused: You didn't say he had mental health issues. Tough to deal with that sort of personality.

What's the most you could live with paying for the moldings?.......offer that amount.

He eithers accepts it, and you have your moldings...or he doesn't and you look elsewhere.

Ray

5. Squablow

Squablow

A real clean set should easily be worth $200, a dinged up set that's still fixable should easily be worth $100. I'd pay that to have a set for my Merc and I'm cheap.

Properly listed on eBay and with a couple determined bidders, they could go for quite a bit more, but if you were willing to pay top internet price, you wouldn't have waited the guy out for 20 years. Depending on condition, I think that's a fair, not insulting (but not overpaying) offer price.

6. anteek49

anteek49

Squablow,that is the type of answer I wanted. I'll go the $200. The guy doen't have mental issues,just got tired of being screwed by flippers. You know what they say about people who love cats. He has about 20;I have 35 rescue cats, Assholes drive in,see the cats and keep driving.

Squablow likes this.
  7. czuch az

czuch az

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if he doesn't know what he wants for it how are we supposed to know?