Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The 60 year history of a little California Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Aug 30, 2015.

1. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Yea It caught the corner of my eye as I was walking by. There was a '27 on Deuce rails about 40 feet away. It prompted my to give it a good eyeballing and snap those two photos. I am sure it was an A-Bone frame and as you suggested they had to do some serious bending and stretching/shrinking of the flange to get it right. Glad you liked the idea.

Mike.

3wLarry likes this.
  2. Roadsir

Roadsir

I actually have in my possession an all original 32 frame.
    It has some minor dents, and is missing a few inches from the front. I was going to use it to build my jig, but lost interest. Will trade for some some high back bucket seats for my camero.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441064366.967844.jpg

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Check this one out Mike...looks like the same deal

IMG_7547_zpsa2d1f0f7[1].jpg

4. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

This car is one of my favorites. Pictures do not don't justice!

3wLarry likes this.
  5. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Larry.

Can't see the frame very well. Could be a partial channel over a '32 frame like the lou Banta Roadster.

These guys may have done this so can perhaps give advice. Or maybe they have a fixture to do it.

http://www.bolingbrothers.com/

3wLarry likes this.
  6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That's Hamber Jon Schucharts car, the frame was built from scratch out of rectangular tubing. I picked that car as one of my favorites on my "name your top five HAMB cars" thread, car is a real knockout, but no Model A frames were harmed.

3wLarry likes this.
  7. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome story
    Are you sure that you just don't want to leave it as a TPR? 'T pallet racer'... You could do Georgetown Hill Climb in reverse. You thought the old build rode bad
    I have a spare A frame you are welcome to. I'm liking the idea.
    Larry

kiwijeff and 3wLarry like this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

3wLarry likes this.
  9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

you...are a mental case...and thanks for the frame offer, I've already got an A frame...it's in the pics. :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Jon and I pm'ed a bit about the chassis under his car, its very trick, and IMO, has a fair bit to do with the finished look of the car. I plan to incorporate some of the stuff we discussed when I build the chassis for my coupester.

3wLarry likes this.
  11. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Right you are. I keyed in on the shell and shop vac. My power of observation is slipping

Larry

volvobrynk and 3wLarry like this.
  12. Rand Man

Rand Man

I like the frame matching the body line, similar to Anderson's 24 T.

13. Lowlife

Lowlife
    from MO. USA

14. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Marking your thread spots like a deer marks his territory ? Just kidding, 3w. I am anxious to read your rants, er, posts.

3wLarry likes this.
  15. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HRP, is that you in the bucket or 3w ? By the way, what is that rusty thing sitting over in the corner ? That happy face doesn't look like the face of a ranter, so it must be you, HRP. Oh, shit. Gotta get ready for flack that IS coming.

3wLarry likes this.
  16. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, man. This is something I would love to build. I have always wanted a steel '26-'27 just like the photo. I just acquired a decent '26-'27 2dr sitting on an A frame. There is a pile of fenders and other stuff for sale, also. Maybe there is a trade in the future. It would be flathead-powered for local cruising only, well, maybe Top Notch in Austin. Surely hope the lady of our house isn't monitoring my crap ! !

brad2v, Texas Webb and 3wLarry like this.
  17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

UH ! This RPU is pretty freaking neat. I wouldn't even eliminate full fenders, whether they are T or '28-'29 A's. I think maybe Fat Jack Robinson built a turtledeck T with early A fenders. Might be mistaken, but that is a super combination. Hope to try some weird shit someday.

3wLarry likes this.
  18. So who's supposed to ask tire size now?

3wLarry likes this.
  19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'm hoping he does the T-fenders on back and cycle fenders on the front. nudge, nudge...Cmon Larry!!

3wLarry likes this.
  20. You know, George, a couple of the neighborhood cats used to "disapprove" of my cars as well. I hadn't really thought about it (till now), but since I inherited / rescued this damn snake (11', 6" diameter Boa Constrictor), they don't seem to come around any more (and No, I didn't make an example out of any of them! ;-D I like all kinds of animals.) But it's like they just know this isn't the house to screw around at anymore......must be the scent? Don't know, but I ain't gonna complain! Now, that d@mn giant racoon that runs up and down my roof at night, I could make an exception for him! He's a nasty one!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

brad2v likes this.
  21. AHotRod

AHotRod

3wLarry likes this.
  22. belair

belair

Wow-this thread has given me a new appreciation for T roadsters .And I love the the way Nimrod did his cowl steering. But now for the BIG question Larry-bias-ply or radials?

23. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

for starters (I have several options) I'll run 5.00x16 'stones/front and 7.50x16 'stones /rear on 16" wires BIAS PLY

24. That's Larry,I've got facial hair,,and I'm prettier! [​IMG] HRP

26 T Ford RPU and 3wLarry like this.
  25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

To tell the truth, I am willing to put up with "Blackie" anointing my tires and crapping in my garden once in a while. He's half feral, and one HELL of a mouser/ratter. Spooky little bugger though, if you just look at him too long he gets uneasy and buggers off.

3wLarry likes this.
  26. Cool old RPU! Glad you're bringing it back to life.

3wLarry likes this.
  27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Good news...

I've finally made a decision about the frame. I was checking out the archives looking for '27 T RPU's on '32 frames and ran across this thread http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1927-model-t-roadster-build-sweet-tea.720334/
    This is exactly what I was seeing in my minds eye for this build...except with a pickup bed. You need to read this thread and see how he did the frame...it's sweet...now I just need an original '32 frame.

tumblr_mefqiv00jK1qejxyko1_1280[1].jpg

AHotRod, brad2v, kiwijeff and 5 others like this.
  28. This thread is gonna' be an unruly, murderers' row of HAMB'rs diggin' on ya'. Gonna' be a fun read, a kickazz' ride ... and I can't wait until you are knee deep in assembly. Praying your Deuce DNA knows no bounds. ^^ that's great !! vv ... that too !

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    tb33anda3rd, 3wLarry and volvobrynk like this.
  29. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

More good news...

I put the word out here that I needed an original beat up '32 frame and Bob from Pueblo, Co. emailed me this pic...I bought it this morning. Then I find out a buddy is making a run up there in about a month...free shipping! zpfile002.jpg .

catdad49, StrickV8, TFoch and 11 others like this.
  30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

You KNOW its the right thing to do.;)

3wLarry likes this.