Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Th350 transmission issue

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greg Lechuga, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Greg Lechuga

Greg Lechuga

Hey guys having a problem when I come to a stop my c10 is dropping into low gear without me doing anything! As soon as I take off boom it drops down into low, and also my Trans shift linkage comes off at Trans as well! Any help on what to check would be appreciated before I take to shop to get it checked out

2. Lcats

Lcats
    1. A-D Truckers

Maybe check the trans mount?

3. cshades

cshades
    from wi

Is it actually manually shifting it into low gear? If it is I would look at the motor and trans mounts to see if they are moving enough to make the shift linkage move/disconnect.

4. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

Yep, sounds like a broken mount to me, too.

5. Greg Lechuga

Greg Lechuga

Thanks for the replies guys I will get back to you with what it was, any suggestions on what kind of transmission mounts I should use if it is broken.

6. Greg Lechuga

Greg Lechuga

Yes it is manually shifting into low gear itself! Just been a hell of a issue

7. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

Check the motor mounts,too. Usually it's the left ones that break, then the movement breaks the trans mount.

Greg Lechuga likes this.
  8. Greg Lechuga

Greg Lechuga

I will definitely do that guys thanks for your responses!

9. Easy way to check mounts. Two people to do safely. One watch the motor from the side, and one put it in gear, and brake torque the motor forward then reverse.
    If the motor mount is bad the motor will pick upon the left side in drive and right up in reverse. Is it a column shift, and the linkage at the shift lever comes look real close at the trans mount.

10. Greg Lechuga

Greg Lechuga

Thank u for your response I go home tomorrow and I will check all these things out! Finally found a no bullshit site to get real answers, thanks