Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My 2015 Hotrod Hillclimb pics and story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Just got back today from a great time in Georgetown CO for the hill climb. A few months back Jamie and I talked about going and a loose plan was stitched together. We would take the 34 roadster along with our nine month old son Cohen down to CO for the weekend. We knew several others going, it sounded like a fun time.
    Jamie flew to Jackson, WY to see a friend a few days before I left. Last Tuesday I left work early and made the 700 mile drive to Jackson getting there about 1:30 AM. We played tourist in Jackson all day Wed and hit the road for Georgetown Early Thursday morning.
    Arriving early evening I unloaded the car and instantly noticed how bad it stumbled. I brought my carb parts/tools with me and swapped jets. I had .42's in it, and the smallest I had was .41's. Not a real change, but it seemed to run better.

Friday morning we crammed in the roadster and went on the reliability run. It was full of awesome views and great cars. Afterwards we ran the cars through tech and shared a few beers in the motel parking lot.

Saturday brought good weather and a great line up of cars. I was twards the front of the line for running. I pulled up to the line, revved it a little and when the gal dropped the flag I stood on it squeeling the tires a little. The hill is a lot steeper then it looks, and the hairpins are very tight!
    The second run was canceled due to some hiker getting hurt on top and the rescue team needed to close the road. But all in all a great time! We are already talking about next years trip.
    Coming home we took our time heading back to Jackson, heading up through Yellowstone and seeing friends in Bozeman MT @jalopykid

So here's my pics. I did not take a ton so it is what it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    AHotRod, draider, Texas Webb and 2 others like this.
  2. AHotRod, 302GMC, draider and 4 others like this.
  3. Day of the climb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grand Tetons

[​IMG]

Cohen, Jamie and Old Faithful

[​IMG]

Lunch stop today somewhere in eastern Montana

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AHotRod, draider, CTaulbert and 4 others like this.
  4. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Chris - I loved your car! It was one of my favorites there. I met your wife and Cohen briefly on Friday morning and I thank your wife again for moving the car seat so I could get this picture.
    [​IMG]

302GMC, turboroadster and Thaplumbr like this.

5. 1932tub

1932tub

6. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Great pics with a good back story....thanks Chris

7. So great to finally meet you and Jamie and Cohen!

8. Chris: Some of those pics I hadn't seen. The black '34 roadster w/flattie! Love the scenery too. We were just in yellowstone/teton's a few weeks ago. Tim

9. More great pics! Especially of your 34.

Thanks for sharing.

10. brady1929

brady1929

Love your roadster

11. ryno

ryno

good seeing ya man, if only for 2 seconds. looking forward to next year!

12. wow! thanks for hauling us with ya! I enjoyed the pictures and story, next year take some video of your climb, then I would feel like I was sitting there too.

13. 36 coupe

36 coupe
    BANNED

Damn nice roadster you've got there mate, thanks for posting the pics.

14. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Your car with the beautiful mountains in the background make for an outstanding picture! That should be hanging in a garage! Also like the people in the morning wearing coats sweatshirts and gloves! Then in the afternoon it's T shirt and shorts weather very cool! Joe

15. Thank you for taking the time to share your great photos with us. Can you imagine, people actually have to live there. Poor suckers. Thanks again.
    Later,
    Dick

16. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Always a pleasure seeing you and the fam! Hopefully I will be seeing you guys next month.

17. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Neat trip Chris, looked like a blast!

18. Thanx for the great pictures.Thats a great little town,looks like Cohen had fun.

19. j3harleys

j3harleys

Thanks for the pics. Saw your car and lots of other cool cars that we have never seen before. That may have been what we liked best about the weekend. And to Road Kill Pu. Yea it is a real pain in the ass to to have to live here, been trying to get out of here for 68 years

20. studebaker46

studebaker46

neat story and beautiful pictures, I envy you guys in the west just for the landscape thanks for the post.p.s. chris you have a nice looking family and a wife who gets it Tom

21. I saw your car driving away Saturday evening, wish I could have see it up close...maybe next year

22. uncle buck

uncle buck

Looks like a great trip. Thanks for the pics and since you took Cohen along we'll let the trailer slide - especially since we know how much you enjoy driving your roadster every chance you get

23. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Nice. Looked like a lot of fun.

24. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

Chris, great pictures! Your car looked awesome. What primer is on your car? Glad you had a good trip.

25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hope you don't mind me barging in here Chris.
    Just got the new Hot Rod Magazine, SIX pages of hill climb coverage.
    Waaay cool!
    I'm gonna try to finally make it this year, fly in though cuz no wheels finished, will stay in Golden with relatives.