Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Went to Louisville, KY to the NSRA Street Rod Nationals.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tierod, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Sat: Went to Louisville, KY to the NSRA Street Rod Nationals,,,

It is always a good meet. It is also ALWAYS HOT... $8 to park, and $15 to get in. They seem to like to park you on the back side of the fair, and you walk 1/2 mile or so just to get to where some cars are parked! I like to start at the front of the main building and work my way back.. The weather was warm and muggy. The vendor area was intense! I think they have the largest vendor area of any mid-west show....You could build a car without ever leaving the vendor area... LOL... And I wanted too :)

I don't know what the attendance was, but I noticed more empty space on the grass than I did last year.. Some great cars, both inside and out.. Personal pet peeve: all the white tents in the front parking lot.. I know it's hot, and if you spend 3 days there, you need it. To me it looked like a campground... If the cars weren't out front, I did not go into the tents to look at your car...so I may of missed you...and your car! But that's me... I also did not think they had enough food vendors.. Inside the huge building, I found only 2 and out side only a couple right in front. and find a place to sit... (I won't rant about the stupid prices of $3.50 for a bottle of water...)

Anyway... the quality and diversity of cars was great, there was a fair amount of cruising, so you got to see and hear a few of the cars, and you could always roam up to the gate, and watch them come in, but again, bring your own chair...

In my observation, there seemed to be more hotrod style cars than late model \ muscle cars, and not too many butt ugly rat rods, tho there were a few. It seems the quality of builds seem to be going up, more people

detailing there cars out better...it was nice to see, and raises the bar.

In the past I spent more time shooting pics of cars than enjoying, I have switched that around this year, and really enjoy picking out the cars I like and looking them over. With 8-10 thousand cars there, you never get to see them all in one day. I have Arthritis in my hips so after about 3 hours of roaming around, I had to leave. Maybe, when I start taking my car to the show, I can be a power parker too :) and rest up between jaunts out to look at cars... OK, here are a few pics I did take,, Enjoy, but remember there copywrited.......

https://picasaweb.google.com/105421...odNationas882015?authkey=Gv1sRgCInCscyPjPiPVw

phantompjcoupe and Stick Shift like this.
  2. Great photo's thanks for posting for us that couldn't make it. HRP

3. I agree Great Photos Thank you for posting Jim

4. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Nice pictures Tierod, thanks for posting.

5. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Just got home from there. They said 10,200 registered car. Swap meet was good, inside vendor seemed to down. Just another NSRA event. I guess I didn't see the wow factor.

6. Buzzman72

Buzzman72

It's hip pain that kept me away this year. I tend to walk too much, get too much sun, take too many pictures, and not drink enough when I'm at the Nats. I didn't want to compound that by not being able to walk the 1/2 mile or so back to my car when I ran down.

7. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I cruised down there yesterday in my '56 Buick but didn't go in. I hung around by the main gate and saw hundreds of nice cars going in and coming out. Then I went over to the registration area at Papa John's Stadium where there were hundreds of big SUVs and pickup trucks with enclosed trailers parked. I sat in the shade there and talked with a few people when they went in to register. It was 88 and fairly humid but at least it wasn't raining. There were cars there from all over the US and Canada. You guys who have never been there should check it out at least once....

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

why didn't you take your car Bill? you would have enjoyed the show better and stayed longer

9. 40Standard, no, a mixup with the insurance company...I though the same thing... I shuda brought it :)

Thanks for the comments all,
    10,200 not bad, about what I heard from last year..
    I is a big show, at least from what I've been able to attend... It was hot...
    Its quite noticeable the direction hotrods are going, very high tech and complicated.. It's going to be harder and harder to keep up... the quality and designs are incredible...

10. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Thanks for Sharing your coverage tierod, much appreciated! Joe

11. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I went alone this year and so pulled my homebuilt teardrop to save money. I stayed in the RV park adjacent to the event and near the spectator parking. Even though it was warm during the day, the nights were cool and made for good sleeping. It was a great weekend. I agree that the quality of the cars and trucks just keeps going up. I hadn't been for a couple of years and I'm glad I went. To the naysayers, I looked at what I liked and walked on past the others. I walked the entire event a couple of times each day. It was tough watching out for all the scooters. Makes me thankful I can still walk that much at 63 years old. Thanks for the pics. Sam

12. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Just wondering, do you guys think that red Model A coupe with flat head from Colorado has a chopped top or not ??

13. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

yes - 1 1/2"
    Great pixs tierod as always!!

14. Great pics!!!! I tried but couldn't get pics to load. Got them on this morning. Seems the three (so far) threads have not duplicated very many pics.

15. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I was amazed at the red 32 roadster that was about 2/3 actual size. I believe it was running a flathead 60.

16. rooman

rooman

Bill,
    you can cut the overhead a little by asking for the senior discount ticket--saves a couple of bucks at the gate. I went Friday and spent most of the day there as I arrived before the doors opened and did not leave until they started turning off the lights. Lots of empty space inside compared to prior years (although last year was thin too) despite the space fillers.

Roo

17. Baizie1999

Baizie1999
    from The Ky

Nice pics thanks for sharing

18. This may be my favorite of the whole weekend! 080.JPG 079.JPG

Hamtown Al likes this.
  19. skirtless33

skirtless33

You can park across the main gate an walk across the street to get in. The food court is in the back of the main building, good food plenty of choices.