Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest BO Huff passes away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flattandscruggs1, Aug 4, 2015.

1. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

23 Skidoo likes this.
  2. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

here is another photo bo.jpg

3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God's Speed!

Dave50 likes this.
  4. Awww damn. Just... damn. Adios Bo.

5. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

6. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

A couple of years ago I met Bo at the Leadsled Spectacular in Salina. He took the time to sit and talk to me like he had known me for a long time. We talked about getting burned out on projects and I asked him what he did when he got burned out on a project. His reply was he went out back, picked another car and started another project. Great guy! Gone to early for sure!

23 Skidoo likes this.
  7. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Bo unknowingly gave me an compliment on my car once at a car show. I was parked next to my buddy's high buck traditional coupe. I was just walking up to the cars when I spotted Bo walking past them. Bo walked right past my buddy's car and spent a couple minutes just looking over my coupe. Really made my day to watch a "known" car guy take the time to look over my car!
    RIP!

23 Skidoo likes this.
  8. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

A true grass roots legend.....he will be missed and the world is a duller place without him....God bless and rest in peace Mr Huff

23 Skidoo likes this.
  9. God Speed Bo, you will be missed!:(

10. Lcats

Lcats
    1. A-D Truckers

RIP Hate Cancer.

11. It's always a bad day when people with passion for life are gone. I had never said more than hello in my passing him at shows. I respect his life and accomplishments. My sympathies to his family and friends.

12. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Never did meet the man but have a good feeling about what and who he was to so many people who have posted. Cancer sucks. RIP, Bo Huff.

23 Skidoo and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Would be nice if some of the cars he built was posted.

23 Skidoo likes this.
  14. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

RIP Bo, he put up a hell of a fight! Big loss to our hobby, he will be missed!!

15. R.I.P. Mr. Huff.

16. Flimflam

Flimflam

I was at VLV17 shooting the event. I'm 30ft away and snap this of Bo. I take the camera down from my face for a second to give him a head nod in thanking him for the shot and he says "Nice beard, daddio".

My beard is just slightly shorter than his...but not nearly as cool.

viva_0132_ffm.jpg

17. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Here's some of his cars
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438737276.071252.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438737290.438887.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438737305.720908.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438737315.593233.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438737325.144302.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438737334.861239.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438737353.161571.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438737363.130588.jpg

18. Tony

Tony

Damn sorry to hear the news.
    Had the pleasure of meeting Bo here in upstate NY back in '06 at the South Butler nostalgia drags.
    One of the first outings i took my old 53 to.
    He was really diggin it which made me feel pretty damn proud.
    Here is a pic from that day.
    image.jpg

He was a true gent, and one talanted fella, and even though we only met once, im glad i had the chance to shake his hand and shoot the bull a while.

RIP Bo.....you left a deep mark!

Tony

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  19. Love his work- I have a photo of one of his cars taped right on my computer- it's been there many years- R.I.P Bo-

23 Skidoo likes this.
  20. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Lost another great... Rest in peace BO!!

21. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Even Voodoo Larry was inspired
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438738716.067427.jpg

22. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

23. Shovel96

Shovel96

RIP BO.. Thank you for being a car guy and all you did. God bless the Family and Friends, prayers are with you all.

slammed likes this.
  24. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

25. oldsroller

oldsroller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from PA

26. LABELED INSANE

LABELED INSANE

27. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Here's him in the early years
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438740858.639664.jpg

23 Skidoo and slammed like this.
  28. Just a damn shame-RIP Bo..

29. frankieC

frankieC

RIP Bo I spent a weekend with you & Stella a few years ago & had great time!!! Bless your family in this sad time YOU WILL BE MISSED !!!!

23 Skidoo likes this.
  30. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

bo huff obituary http://www.mitchellfuneralhome.net/memsol.cgi?user_id=1637677#.VcEzdaeKjRQ.facebook
    Life Legacy

Bo Huff

DRAGERTON - Bo Huff (Gerald Douglas Huff), 72, passed away at his home in Dragerton on August 4, 2015 after a 5 year battle of cancer (multiple myeloma).
    He was born March 12, 1943 in Clarksville, AR to Junior Gervis and Corene Crossno Huff.
    Bo is survived by his companion Monique Wood, his sister Carolyn (Chuck) Abeyta, Dragerton, UT; seven children, Lisa (Ron) Weeks, Apex, NC, Michelle (Sean) Madole, Washoe Valley, NV, Amy (Paul) Pickering, Tunbridge, VT, Kendall Smith, Dragerton, UT, James Huff, Draper, UT, Madeleine Huff, Dragerton, UT, Junior Huff, Dragerton, UT; nine grandchildren, Anthony & Jessica Weeks, Apex, NC, Michael, Ryan & Isabelle Madole, Washoe Valley, NV, Max & Juna Valdez, Dragerton, UT, and Johnnie & Corene Huff, Dragerton, UT; and dozens of other relatives and loved ones that have made such an impact on him throughout his life.
    Bo’s family moved from Arkansas to Dragerton to find work in the coal mines in 1951. He first took an interest in cars after watching the older guys in town with their lowered down cars. This turned in to the obsession that lasted a lifetime.
    Bo was a world famous custom car builder who has won numerous awards at prestigious car shows. He was an avid member of the Dead Sleds Car Club. Bo was inducted into the National Rod & Custom Hall of Fame and the Kustom Kemps of America Hall of Fame for his life’s work.
    Bo went to Denver, CO in the early 60’s to attend a body and fender school. After working in Salt Lake for a few years he moved to Southern California and opened his first custom paint shop. There he made a reputation for his superior artistry. During the 70’s he toured the country and ended up in Arkansas. In the early 80’s he opened a custom car shop in Lincoln, AR. He then moved back to Dragerton and worked in the coalmine where his father had worked for 23 years. After awhile he decided coalmining wasn’t for him and opened a custom car shop in Sunnyside where his shop is still in operation.
    Bo was preceded in death by his sister Ada Jean Huff, and his parents Junior Gervis and Corene Crossno Huff.
    We would like to thank the Huntsman and the University of Utah Hospital for all of their care during his battle with cancer.
    Funeral services will be held at the Sunnyside Park in Sunnyside, Utah on Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. A visitation will be held at Mitchell Funeral Home (233 East Main Street) in Price on Friday from 6:00-8:00 p.m. and at the Park Saturday one hour prior to services. Bo will be buried at the Valley View Cemetery next to his parents. Arrangements entrusted to Mitchell Funeral Home of Price where friends are always welcome daily and may share memories of Bo online at www.mitchellfuneralhome.net