Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods "I shouldn't have sold that"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MARTINSPEED, Apr 23, 2014.

1. My first car, a '29 Model A coupe, and my second car, a '64 Barracuda (first one sold in Kansas City).

Attached Files:

2. A '33 3-window set up for a hemi with a 10 per cent engine set back and center steer. Minus drivetrain I got it for a hundred bucks. The old man got home from work and saw it in his single car garage; "get that fucken thing outa my garage."

It took me two weeks but I managed to sell it for a hundred bucks, I was so relieved I got my money back out of it.

3. Yeah, sounds like my brief ownership of a '37 Ford roller - no trunk lid, hood, front fenders, engine or tranny. Paid $50 and started bringing pieces home, only to be told by my parents that it was going back. Turned out okay a couple of months later when I bought the model A coupe instead. It ran - barely.

4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sold this one to start my company...miss it a hell of a lot. Gonna have to build another one sooner rather than later.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

Fedman likes this.
  5. 1963hoopty

1963hoopty

I traded my first car, a 1970 nova ss for a damn dirt bike when i was 15! I also had a 66 chevelle ss that i regret letting get away!

6. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

One owner black plate '64 Pontiac Catalina 2+2 convertible, sold new at Utter Pontiac on LaBrea. Had more photos but lost them in one of my moves:
    [​IMG]
    Got it in the late '90s at the above estate auction for $3200 (and literally jumped for joy when I was the top bidder); ended up selling it for $3600 six months later to the guy in Pomona who dealt in '60s Pontiacs when my roommates couldn't come up with their part of the rent. He sold it for five grand to a local Japanese guy who was going to do a mega-dollar restoration, so at least it went to a good home.

QKP 818, where are you now?

7. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Bought a '57 Chevy ex-drag car for $200 in 1977.Glass tilt front,straight axle,wild paint job but no engine or trans.
    Stopped at a dive bar on the way home and was enjoying a few more shots than I needed when a guy walked in and wanted to know who owned the old Chevy.
    I was in a pretty happy state of mind and when he asked for a price I told him $400 and 2 bottles of Wild Turkey.
    When I came out of the haze a few days later I had no more Wild Turkey and no more $400 dollars.No idea what I spent it on but I hope I had a good time.

36 ROKIT and GreenMonster48 like this.
  8. spooler41

spooler41

For me ,it will be, 1) 1941 Cad. convertible
    2) 1940 Merc. coupe
    3) 1956 Chrysler 300B w/ standard shift
    4) 1953 Studebaker HT coupe
    5) 1937 Chevrolet coupe
    These are the top 5 out of about 130 cars and trucks I've owned in the last 58 years.

............................. Jack

9. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1949 Ford full on lead sled from the 50s. Frenched headlights, 3" chopped top, 4" body section... found it in a field outside of Racine, MO in 1988. All the body work was done in lead, it was a killer old custom but it was gutted. I paid $200 for it and sold it for $500 after a year or two of dreaming...That is one I would really like to have back now.

10. I'll add to the misery; mine would include a 54 Ford convert., 37 Chev coupe, 56 Chev sedan,
    and 60 A-Healey (decided not to include the 56 A-H w/ SBC; twas a death-trap). Hell, I can't
    even find old pics of them today.
    Did have the good fortune of buying back my first car, however, the 36 coupe in my avatar.
    Had sold it to my brother in '68 when I went overseas, and bought it back in '76 when he was
    in dire straits, along w/ the hobby, thanks in large part to the oil embargo.

11. CA. 280

CA. 280

our 33 ford.jpg Needed money to move, was asking $300, no interest. Traded for a beat up 62 Falcon sedan delivery with factory 4-spd and I6, Wish I had kept that one also.

12. My '40 Ford coupe I put a 303 and hydro in. After putting in 3 hydros and all of them were junk, I towed the car to the junkyard.