Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Electric windows- any tips

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spillaneswillys, Aug 3, 2015.

1. I would like to replace the window cranks on my 34Dodge, they are just to finicky. Any tips, suggestions or ideas of a good or bad manufacturer.
    thanks you guys always come through

2. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

NuRelic window regulators work great. The bolt in place.

von zipper likes this.
  3. nothing works like the originals,back when I was building street rods I used a lot og Speciality power windows and Nu Relic kits,both are pricy..I have learned that you can repair your original regulators and have money in your pocket. HRP

4. von zipper

von zipper

I used Nu Relics in my 64 Galaxie. Much much better than originals with a lifetime warranty!

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

The drivers Ford lift motor went bad on my 63 BelAir, couldn't find a direct replacement motor locally, went to Bumper to Bumper auto parts and bought a Dorman part number 742-250 for $40. Thats pretty cheap for a lift motor. Meshed fine with regulator teeth.

7. stimpy

stimpy

just to let people know the Gm units are made to stall out at the end of travel limits by hitting a mechanical stop in the track or at the top of the door jamb ( they have a Circuit breaker in the system ) , I found that the 95-2002 F bodies have adjustable stops built in the top of the door that are removable , but a bolt thru the track in a slot should work well