Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Who's going to the NSRA Nats in Louisville?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gman0046, Jun 20, 2015.

1. CayoRV

CayoRV

Bunch of us heading down on Wednesday. First timer here too but with others who "know the ropes" so to say.

2. So anybody have the scoop on registration? It's obviously too late to pre register and it looks like they don't let you register at the gate? The schedule says registration 9-6 at Papa Johns stadium...

3. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

You have to go to papa johns even if you are pre registered. It is easy, you just go to extreme right of registration lines and register. no problem.

4. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Yep you have to go to stadium to register. Thats a pretty darn good car show in its self.Its pretty close to fairgrounds.Its off of Crittenden dr.

5. Derf in Ky

Derf in Ky

FYI they have changed the route to enter the stadium for registration.

6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

yeah i read that somewhere. also had a map........

7. tallhtrddr

tallhtrddr

Just curious? Anything going on in the evenings?

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Usually lots of cruising just outside the Fairgrounds on Phillips Lane. I've got a great party to got to thats held on Friday night during the Nats.

Gary

9. tallhtrddr

tallhtrddr

Cool I'll be there sometime friday evening

10. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

I'm bringing a 5 gallons in the car and another 15 gallons in cans. That should be enough.

Do you know where the Pro's Pick parking area will be located on Friday? How about the Mopar Country Parking area on Saturday?

Thanks for keeping us informed.

11. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

Here's a good video of the cruising action. The video starts on Crittenden Dr (driving South) at the intersection of Capital Ave (the road to the Papa Johns Stadium). The cruising reallys starts 3 minutes into the video after he turns onto Phillips Lane. The guy drives the complete Phillips Lane then heads south on Preston Hwy. I was surprised by the amount of people hanging out.

Here's another one. This one starts on the Eastern end of Phillips Lane - the Expo Center is on the right. This video ends right where the top one begins. This one is a little later in the evening. More traffic and spectators.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  12. Hey Gary, ain't gonna make it again this year(you know why) but watch out the Injin is leaving 2morrow

13. Gman0046

Gman0046

Don, understand you not coming. Wishing you and Mary Ann the best. I'll watch out for the Injun.

Gary

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

leaving north alabama about 8:30 Wed. morning. orange 32 sedan,black 32 5 w and a rusty 59 el camino. anybody want to tag along, join in.

15. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

We'll have a booth inside the South Wing right across from our pals at Coker Tire/Honest Charley's. Tony Lombardi (Ross Racing Engines) was kind enough to bring his blown Olds-powered Model A coupe to display in our booth, and you might catch him and the Hilton Hotrods guys hanging around during the weekend. Stop by and see us – Steve, Curt, and Joey will all be at the show.

wex65 likes this.
  16. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

17. the-rodster

the-rodster

18. the-rodster

the-rodster

Please explain.....

Rich

19. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Bringing the Gent's coupe...heading out tonight. Be there lunchtime tomorrow.

20. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

All, I'll be heading that way very early Friday morning. My intentions are to be at registration when it opens. I'm coming with no motel reservations so I'll probably bring my tear drop. If you see me, please stop by for a visit. Sam

Attached Files:

21. the-rodster

the-rodster

Bad News: Large front moving through today and tomorrow. Massive amounts of rain.

Good News: Friday and Saturday should be sunny with highs in the upper 80s.

22. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

We are getting that rain now. I am 100 miles west of Saint Louis on I-44.

23. kb cookout

kb cookout

We went down early this morning and waited in line for swap meet spaces, we sold a few parts today and may unpack the enclosed trailer if the rain holds off

later kb

24. Gman0046

Gman0046

Rain held off until 4 PM. Raining pretty hard right now. Forecast is for 1-3 inches Wednesday night into Thursday. Weather looks OK Friday-Sunday.

Gary

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  25. Saw lots of cars heading east on I-64 in the middle of a thunderstorm... pretty cool! I was only on 64 for 20 miles heading back to evansville and i bet i saw 20 rods. I wish everyday was like that!

26. When you are headed to registration, at the intersection of Floyd and Central, do NOT go to the stadium, follow the signs. You will go south for @ a block then into the parking lot and back to the stadium. You may find the line for unregistered to be shorter than pre-registered, it was for me this morning.
    Pro's pick and mopar country are normally behind the buildings along I-65 (rear p-lot). Ask while your at registration.

PurdueSD likes this.
  27. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

You guys have fun. Wish I could go.

28. thanks man!

29. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I was going but... maybe next year but maybe not then either as I'm pondering (more like wishing!) a trip to the LA roadster show next year in my 36 cabriolet. I'm sure the trip will fall apart but we all have to dream about something.:)
    If I did make it I would be tempted to replace my dog on the radiator with that mug---NOT! But I would be proud to say I made it... as would every other fellow on the HAMB with a 36 or earlier roadster or drop top.
    Dreamin' Al

30. Gman0046

Gman0046

Thursday, still heavy rain in the Louisville area. A local TV station was broadcasting from the Fairgrounds and not too many cars visible in the background. Kind of defeats the purpose of going to a car show. Not much to see walking around in a Monsoon. Good news is rain to stop later today and should be great weather the rest of the weekend. Anyone contemplating coming, come on down.

Gary