Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Fetched A Fleetline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sweet-rolls, Jul 17, 2015.

1. sweet-rolls

sweet-rolls

IMG_1619.JPG Wanted a Fleetline for some time. Picked this up on Fathers Day weekend 2015 in Merrit Michigan. Fairly solid on the outside and quite complete. Looks blue in this photo but it's more like mist green. IMG_1616.JPG

philedealer likes this.
  2. sweet-rolls

sweet-rolls

IMG_1621.JPG I'd like to play with the engine but the interior is really smelly. It's not old car smelly (I like that) it's mouse piss smelly. Out comes the triple-covered seats and layers of house carpet.

Attached Files:

3. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Nice fleetline! I have a 1950 as well. Nice accessory ends on both front & back bumpers.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like a good start.

5. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Love fleetlines! My buddy just finished this one for his father. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1437158997.035799.jpg

motoandy likes this.
  6. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

That's a good looking car. Your floors look a lot like mine. Good luck!

7. Fleetlines are definitely some of the better looking 4-doors. Looks like a great start. What is the end goal with it? Here's a little 4-door inspiration!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

motoandy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

I was born in 1947 and the first memory of any family car was a mint green 50 4-door Fleetline (used). That car stayed in the family until about 1957 when it was traded in on a 55 Chevy DelRay 2-door (also used). Wish I could tell You more. Cool Old Car !!! Thanks for shaking up the Old Memory Cells............................... Jeff

9. FIDDLER

FIDDLER
    from VIRGINIA

MOST OFF THE MOUSE SMELL WILL PROBABLY GO OUT WITH THE CARPET. LOOK UP AND UNDER THE SEATS , PROBABLY BUILT NEST UP IN THE COIL SPRINGS USING THE BURLAP AND COTTON STUFFED INTO THE SEAT CUSHIONS TO MAKE NESTS. MY 65 SPORT FURY HAD THAT PROBLEM. THE SEATS WERE NOT HURT BUT THE SMELL WAS THER IN THE CUSHIONS. I HAD NOTHING TO LOSE BUT THE SMELL, SO PAINTED THE BOTTOM OF THE CUSHIONS WITH RUSTOLEUM PRIMER, AND IT COVERED UP THE SMELL FOR GOOD. JUST TOOK A BRUSH AND JUST PAINTED IT ON THE COILS AND THE BURLAP. SMELLED THE PAINT FOR A WHILE, BUT WAS BETTER SMELL THAN PEE

10. sweet-rolls

sweet-rolls

Thank you to all who have commented. My plan is to build a driver custom. First it needs a solid foundation to make it a driver. Then I want to able to drive it and improve it when I can. I don't want to make it a cool beater (we have one of those) or a loooong term mega build. IMG_1634.JPG IMG_1632.JPG IMG_1633.JPG

11. Man Fleetlines have the coolest lines. Rotund yes, but in all the right ways. I'd take any model of them. Congrats'.

12. Nice catch.I like the tail lights and body lines.Bruce.

13. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

We're twins! good find, call me subscribed!

14. nice starter even got the bumper ends

15. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Randy,
    Any progress?