Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sydney Dragway round 5

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Jul 13, 2015.

1. spanners

spanners

Dang it!! I wrote three paragraphs of race report, only to click the wrong button and lose the lot.
    Oh well, short version. Five of us raced, Jeff and Gerald ran the final with Jeff taking the win. Unfortunately I don't have video of that race as we packed up and left to get home before an impending storm.
    But here's some others. Me and Steve facing off.

Sorry about the wonky angle. Once again I've bumped the camera turning it on.(I've since tightened the mount).

2. spanners

spanners

This is of me and Gerald, with Gerald taking the win.

3. spanners

spanners

Here we've got Joe up against Steve. Joe was having gear linkage trouble so was a little bit off his best.

One of pure indulgence.

More to come when they're uploaded.

4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Thanks for the report. Don't think of the camera angle as "wonky", just call that video "art". :rolleyes:

5. bobw

bobw

The night racing is cool looking. You guys are dialed in . That makes for close racing. The camera operator is doing a great job.

6. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Now that's some fun racing. I'm beginning to warm up to the concept of class index running, I've always loved, and remember best, the close ones.

7. spanners

spanners

Here's some more. Me and Jeff, first run for the day. I assumed the track would be greasy, didn't use many revs on take-off and as a result nearly stalled it.

This is a Chicago shoot-out run between me and Jeff again. Take-off was better with Jeff unable to reel me in.

8. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

But what about the Green car running a 13.41 @ 99 mph. So good to see the car getting so much use

9. spanners

spanners

Yes, next thing you know he'll want to be into the 12s.

10. spanners

spanners

The night racing is very enjoyable and adds a different dimension.
    I've passed on the compliments to the chief photographer/crew chief/main squeeze/wife.
    Dick, if it wasn't for the index racing I would always be first on the trailer. I'm the slowest car there most of the time and as you say, it usually produces good close racing.

11. spanners

spanners

This is a short video done by Sydney Dragway covering all the brackets. I like the way it's been done and the crew chief/photographer might try a similar one of the HAMBsters. I hope the link works.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYoF4FgaY88

12. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Some interesting cars in that collection Spanners. Nice looking track.