Register now to get rid of these ads!

lurker finally posts -37 ford content

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by too many fords, Jul 1, 2015.

1. too many fords

too many fords
    from Las Vegas

been surfing the HAMB for a couple year now. gonna have this 37 wreck running soon, I figured I'd better register so I can ask a few questions. I'll try posting a photo of the starting point. found this tudor hump on the las vegas craigslist and had to have it, well what was left

[​IMG]

2. too many fords

too many fords
    from Las Vegas

a bit more about myself. 32 y/o, married with 3 boys. lives in las vegas, originally from phoenix. Have been a "professional" collision repair tech for the last 12 years. working mainly for major corporate insurance shops, using the latest greatest materials, measuring systems, tools, etc. here's some stuff that might be relevant to hamb vehicles:

"squeeze type" resistance spot welder. runs on 440 3 phase power. the two electrodes use air over hydraulic pressure and recreate factory style 6-8mm spot welds. can weld multiple panels at once (four or more) with corrosion protection in between.
    [​IMG]

here's a B pillar skin I installed using it,along with the next tool, you can see the welds along the pinch weld, and the factory welds above.
    [​IMG]

3. too many fords

too many fords
    from Las Vegas

latest greatest welder for the production collision shop? triple spool! Steel MIG, Pulse MIG aluminum, and MIG brazing with silicon bronze. We are supposed to use the brazing for all butt welds as seen in the previous photo. heres some close ups, advantages are less heat distortion, less corrosion protection loss due to burn off, etc. works ok, still messing with it some.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Vet65te

Vet65te

Interesting tools. Welcome to the HAMB