Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration CARtoons Magazine Coming Back to Print!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CARtoons Magazine, Feb 22, 2015.

1. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

2. metal man

metal man

Good news, thanks.

3. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

An update for all CARtoons fans patiently watching for the Trial Issue to be launched. I have about 80% of the magazine complete. Just waiting on 2 artists for final illustrations. After that, I finalize the magazine, have a meeting with my investors, set up with distributors and then off to print. I must say this will be one of the best CARtoons issues to date. No garbage just thrown in to fill pages. Each artist has shown to be a huge asset to this magazine with amazing illustrations and entertaining stories. I know you will not be disappointed. Once released, it will be up to everyone to support and spread the word as much as they can to make this Trial Issue such a success, that CARtoons will continue Bi-Monthly starting in January. Thanks everyone.

55 Ford Gasser likes this.
  4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I used to buy it as a kid, can't wait to see it again

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

6. looking forward to it.

7. REBEL57

REBEL57

So how do I line up for a "Trial Issue"
    7-11 in Canada carry it?

8. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Once I have full details on my distributors store connections, I will post it here.

9. metal man

metal man

Great news. I'll be waiting.

10. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Another quick update. All artists that are involved in the Trial Issue have finished and submitted their artwork/stories. At the moment we are finalizing the magazine to 100% completion. From there, we have a meeting with an investor and a sample of the magazine will be sent to a distributor so they can present the mag to all their major retail store connections. Once I get a time frame from the distributors on how long that process takes, I will have a set date for the launch of CARtoons Magazine first print. Keep checking back and spread the word. Thanks for the support.

11. REBEL57

REBEL57

tick tock tick tock, get at her, " beauty! EH"

[​IMG]

12. 1940Willys

1940Willys

I miss Unk and them Varmints. Use to pick up that mag on my way back home from Jr High at the pharmacy. Snag most every one I see in good condition at the swap meets. Wasn't "Laugh your Ashphalt" a DVD of every old issue?

13. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Latest update. Within the next two weeks printing will start on the iron-on insert which will be shipped to the printers and the very first trial issue will start print.

Website is very close to being perfected. You will see why it has been delayed because the outcome will be an amazing site that CARtoons deserves, thanks to Lizzie.

When the site is launched, subscriptions will be available. The trial issue will not be part of the yearly subscription, but will be available for purchase on the website ( CARtoonsmag.com ). Also digital
    Downloadable copies will be available along with sticker purchases.
    Working on bank transfers, credit card and even Paypal payments.

Expect to see the trial issue available to ship sometime in August through the website purchases and will reach the mag stands all across Canada and the USA (possibly the UK) sometime in September.

It has been a long journey, but we are almost there. Thank you to everyone who has fully supported the return of CARtoons. In return, I made sure the very first issue will be the best issue to date.

14. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Just ordered the trial issue, looking forward to it's return.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Wow....Now 'this' really is a trip down memory lane!....CARtoons Magazine was such an important part of my life...loved that magazine as a kid....I spent my weekly allowance of 50cents at the magazine counter.....that and "MAD" magazine:D.....it was a simpler time, and I'm hopeful that the modern 'young person' can relate to it. Every time I got a new edition of CARtoons magazine, ....man, I was in heaven:cool:

16. toml24

toml24

I wish you 100% success. When I self-published my jalopy racing history book I was told by 2 would-be distributors that the book was a "Niche" product and would never sell in stores. I nearly bit my tongue off! They were wrong. 3 printings later and sales around the world without a distributor I'm very happy with the results. Good luck. I'm sure you will do great.

17. Thanks for taking on this endeavor. I can't imagine the coordination with the artist and convincing distributors that you had to go through to make this happen. Takes guts for a risk like this! Subscription has been processed and now awaiting the trial and regular issues!

18. toml24

toml24

You need to contact Autobooks/Aerobooks in Burbank, CA. They are an excellent retail store for car magazines.

19. RamJet1

RamJet1

Just placed my order, but at completion of the order an error page showed up.
    Hopefully it went through.

20. look forward to seeing this back again ! Thank you !

21. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Waiting for an update...
    Fondly recall an ish that featured the big craze then..."Highboys"! ... But they weren't restricted to '27-'34 Ford coupes/roadsters... CarToons was on the fad like ice on cream. A Bernie and whatzizskid cartoon went like this:

Ol' Granny had her Pasadena Dodge out and some 'street gasser' shut her off, so she locks herself and her Dodge in the ol' garage...Dodge gets suspended...tube front, semi elliptics all around, rear under springs...some welding (Oxy/Acet, yet!) Granny rolls out 4 feet off the ground, and blows the wiseguys' doors off. LOVED 'CarToons' mag. Remember the "NEW WORD"? I remember if something was 'good', or 'cool' the "NEW WORD" was "GEAR"! "Aw, man...That's gear..." Casual way for a straight rodder to say "Fabulous!"....and retain his man card. But "Highboys"?

'Street Freaks' was what they were... Everybody was raising Fords/ Chevs/ Mopars to the sky, they were a popular sight all around. (R&C had a monthly pic from 'Post Entry': "Highboy of the Month!"
    I was in Sacramento then, (1968) had a white '54 Ford Coupe with a 427 side oiler, a guy in a '56 Chevy came around the corner in front of me (I was at a stop sign) he had a tube axle, was 3 feet skyward...
    He caught me lookin', and said, "Hey, why don't you axle that?" He stopped and we chatted, I followed him to his house and he GAVE me a '32 Heavy, (wasn't gonna use it, he bought a MAS tube!)
    I raised my '54 with some later station wagon springs and long E-Z ride shocks, but saved that '32 heavy for later, with my $10 '32 frame, thanks to Willy Seadler Restorations in Sac.
    I thought of Granny, and CarToons...:D

22. metal man

metal man

So, what's going on with this?

23. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I was wondering the same thing. Any updates?

24. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Received trial issue today. Scanned through it and it looks good. I was hoping for Krass and Bernie though. Hopefully in the future.

25. ratrodzrcool

ratrodzrcool
    from Ohio

What no Krass and Bernie???

26. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

There is a Trosley section but no K&B.

27. I was givin this old issue last week.
    What a blast! IMG_20150925_140021.jpg

28. metal man

metal man

They can't use Krass and Bernie because George still draws it for another magazine .
    Still waiting for a response as to the status and availability ....

29. Couldn't help myself...ordered issue #0 and a cool sticker for the tool box...

30. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I thought it may be due them being in Car Craft magazine.