Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Two Cylinder Hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 190BEAR, Jun 4, 2015.

1. LOL I am still thinking drag bike. A 'bean build. ;) :D

I have actually already built the entire bike in my head up to and including the astronaut diapers for the first pass. :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two wires, two pins, two plates, two rods replacing my entire right ankle, 17 screws, cervical spinal stenosis, and a destroyed left rotator cuff say that I am not allowed.

Oh, and I am only 45.

3. Help me finance it and I'll allow you. :D Look at it this way you have to have a screw loose to place yourself in the seat anyway and you got the screws already. Anyone that you and I would know from the bay area (my friends already know I'm nutz :confused:) would tell us that it would be like riding a loosely saddled razor blade. Just think of the bragging rights even if you babied it down the track. :cool:

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Holy crap that thing's awesome.

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. You are absolutely correct. Who would not want to own it even if all it did was sit in the living room and look cool. ;)

volvobrynk and brad2v like this.
  6. noddaz

noddaz

That little engine is kool...

7. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Wow. Lots of time. Lots of skill. And probobly on an aluminum can budget. Impressive. Very impressive.

8. Here's a few snapshots of John Bjorkman's "QBII" E Fuel Lakester on the salt in August of 1990 (i.e., at the 42nd Bonneville Nationals):

#185 E-FL (2 cyl blown KB HEMI) @ 42nd Speed Week - 1990 (1).jpg

#185 E-FL (2 cyl blown KB HEMI) @ 42nd Speed Week - 1990 (2).jpg

#185 E-FL (2 cyl blown KB HEMI) @ 42nd Speed Week - 1990 (3).jpg

#185 E-FL (2 cyl blown KB HEMI) @ 42nd Speed Week - 1990 (4).jpg

#185 E-FL (2 cyl blown KB HEMI) entry in 42nd Speed Week - 1990 program.jpg

Its "Two Cylinder (Keith Black) HEMI" sounded really pissed! :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. volvobrynk likes this.
  10. 190BEAR

190BEAR
    from Colorado

11. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

What?
    Isn't a picture of your parts! Or you got the "exploded view" of that beautiful piece of sand/salt fun!

12. noboD

noboD

Beaner, it HAS to be chain driven too!!

13. 1fast"B"

1fast"B"
    from California

Bear! This beast running yet?!

14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Intake manifold looks way too small volume wise provided the blower can make enough volume for boost..Imagine severe pressure spike when intake closes..I bet it would run very well w/out the huffer..

15. Fast411

Fast411
    from Montana

I remember talking to them around 1991 or so at Bonneville. At the time I talked to them the car had 6 wheels, I got pictures of it. They said it put our 600hp on a dyno when tested.

HEMI32 likes this.
  16. Fast411

Fast411
    from Montana

17. frank spittle

frank spittle

It looks run ready. Is there a video?

18. How come so many plug wires for a two cylinder?

19. I was wondering the same thing, where the hell do all the wires go?

20. dechrome

dechrome

This car ran at 1990 Bonneville as a fuel lakester. I have video of it running in the pits that I was selling a couple of years ago. It sounded like a huge Harley and was mated to a Cad El Dorado trans. He had handling problems and ran at near 170 mph. a real piece of work.
    deChrome
    I think that I sent a copy of the video to Rich Fox, maybe he can comment on it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  21. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I don't think you sent me the video. The V2 is such an odd fire engine, and loud, that at low speeds it sounds awful to me. But as the RPM climbed is smoothed out and sounded fine. Especially when Glen announced the speed. It runs standard fuel Hemi V8 magnetos. So it has lots of extra wires. The unused leads just go to ground. I don't think you would want to grab the frame when the engine is running. I wounder how they handled that?

volvobrynk and Atwater Mike like this.
  22. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Ground is ground, no different than going through a spark plug..?

23. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

That's the plan. I am just not sure if you could get involved in the path to ground by grabbing the frame. I guess not or it would be very hard to tune the thing when it's running. I know I wouldn't much like grabbing a spark plug wire. I have a pacemaker and not supposed to get close to any ignition on a running engine.

24. Well Duh, no one ever got into the really cool club getting smacked by a piece of belt. Hell maybe even run a chain on the blower to be totally "Trad" :D

25. Salt Racer

Salt Racer
    from Ft Worth

The unused plug wires are grounded by installing the sparkplugs in an ionized chamber with sufficient pressure to fire properly. This is how we ran the four cylinder hemi with 8 cylinder mags.

Gotgas likes this.
  26. now that is some kind of out of the box thinking

27. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

The KB2 appears to have some kind of crank trigger ignition without any extra plug wires. The pretty engine on the trailer has lots of extra wires. The whole ionized chamber deal is new to me. I thought you would just tap a plate on the frame for spark plugs and run the wires to them.

28. I don't know why you would have to have pressure on there plug they will fire just fine at atmospheric pressure. The mag doesn't know if there is compression or not it is just a dumb generator.

I wonder why you couldn't adapt a Joe Hunt Harley type mag head to the Chrysler drive, and fire it like a hawg, Both cylinders always firing all the time, one on intake and one on exhaust.

brad2v likes this.
  29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

'Iodized' chamber sounds 'salty'. Appropo for Bonneville...

Ionized, however, seems 'sound'...I'd hate to be around 50KV fired plugs just sparking off a plate... 'ZAZZZ'... Yeah, please put a box around all that!

30. If you rubber mount the engine you could hang the box or plate off the motor and isolated from the frame. All that is a 20 dollar cure for a 10 cent problem. its a 2 cylinder motor and they sell magnetos for 2 cylinder motorcycles.

here is a trick that we use around here for late model motors that have to be computer controlled. The Pontiac quad 4 for example uses a crank trigger, but you can snag a magneto for a 4 cylinder Yamaha and belt drive it. No reas0n why that would not work the V twin hemi, snag a mag for a twin cylinder bike jap if that floats your boat and belt drive it, Done deal and no whacky off the wall solutions to deal easy peezy.