Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot Rod Dirt Drags - Monte Vista, CO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Countn'Carbs, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

First things first...I'd like to say thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU to Mike Nicholas, his family and friends for putting on an amazing event known as The Hot Rod Dirt Drags hotroddirtdrags.com that took place this past weekend in beautiful Monte Vista, CO.

What an amazing weekend and I'm out of words to describe it....Fun, Awesome, Amazing, Epic, Incredible, Over The Top, Outstanding, No Comparison...take your pick but I think I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves. IMG_0625.jpg IMG_0599.jpg IMG_0625.jpg IMG_0599.jpg IMG_0694.JPG IMG_0696.JPG IMG_0660.JPG IMG_0713.JPG IMG_0900.JPG IMG_0920.JPG IMG_0947.JPG IMG_0952.JPG IMG_0887.JPG IMG_0892.JPG IMG_0883.JPG

Stogy and Nicks Hot Rod Garage like this.
  2. Thanks again Mike, Amy and crew. Had a great time.

3. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

My son had an absolute blast (I did too). I hope this happens again next year. Thanks to Mike, Amy, and family and their entire support crew and the folks at the movie manor.
    I was a great weekend. Saw some old friends , made some new ones , and got to drag race on the dirt at 8000 feet elevation with mountains all around. Epic!!! Looking forward to the hill climb. And for those guys who stayed home because you weren't sure if it was worth the drive, well you missed out.
    I drove 12hrs one way and would do it next weekend too.
    Good talking with you Dave. I added a few pics.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

4. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

Very similar to my first announcing gig at what would become Central Michigan Dragway (now Mid Michigan Motorplex) in August 1954. "Track" was a flying farmer landing strip near Stanton, MI. Asphalt was finally applied in 1956.

Countn'Carbs likes this.

5. j3harleys

j3harleys

Yea !!! What they said . The only thing that was not great was AHHHH NEVERMIND.

Nicks Hot Rod Garage likes this.
  6. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

7. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

8. Rodshop

Rodshop

This was just TOO much fun! I did not expect something in the elite category of the HAMB
    Drags but wow! Too cool of an event! Can't wait until Joplin!

Nicks Hot Rod Garage likes this.