Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Customs not running wipers?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Quintin, Jun 8, 2015.

1. RainX makes an additive that you put in your washer fluid. (that is if you have washer fluid) refreshes your rainx covered windshield with just a few passes of the blade.

2. Don't need wipers here if you can see over any windshield when sat in the driver's seat. So the use of a cushion can make it legal.... I have a pair of Brooklands Aeroscreens on my O/T car and this rule let's me avoid wipers. Sevens use flyscreens to avoid having to install wipers.

3. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Rainexed riding glasses,how i never thought about that.Thanks for the idea!
    What comes about wipers on kustoms,i think they look good on Royalshifters Victoria,so why not.
    And they are required in here and i dont wonder why.We have rainy summers in here...

4. suedestude

suedestude

Rain - X never had wipers on my studebaker. Well they are on it but never worked.

5. CadMad

CadMad

Yes but if you have no wipers you can't .

6. heinz51

heinz51

Havent seen the P.D. write for something as cheezy as no wipers. Their usually eyeballin my paint

Attached Files:

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I don't have wipers on my Lincoln yet only because I haven't found a set of arms to fit it at a decent price. Saw some on the bay a while back for $150 a pair---no thanks when you have only pics to go on, and pics can lie. I haven't even hooked the wiper motor up yet, so it may not even work. Figure on going with a Newport system if I ever find arms for a decent price...

8. cac646

cac646

Living in Arizona I didn't think I needed wipers. RainX works fine for the rain but I got caught in some really slushy snow. The Rainx didn't work so hot. I had to pull over several times to wipe the slush off.

9. Model T1

Model T1

The two states I've lived in it never rains, except Monday thru Sunday in that order.
    So I've had wipers on every car I've driven. Some didn't work! I can't understand removing wipers if you plan on driving the car.
    When I rode my Harley I wore a full bubble shield because I also wore glasses to see. The bubble was great for riding in rain except when I stopped.