Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I finally figured out how to sell a car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOECOOL, Jun 13, 2015.

1. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I always wondered how some cars sold right away and some didn't . I had one for sale yesterday and I think I have the secret. Take a vehicle, Motorcycle ,lawn mower almost anything and put it for sale at way too much money. Then take a pic with the real car thats for sale partially hidden. Its great if you just leave enough of the fender or 1/4 panel that someone can recognize it.
    No-one will want the item for sale ,but everyone wants the one hidden in behind. Is this creative advertising or what.:rolleyes:

2. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

I think your onto something. I just updated a picture of a car for sale and got more questions about the truck parked in front of it.

Model T1 likes this.
  3. papajohn

papajohn

I thought you were going to say post a pic of a perfect one along with it then say " picture is what car could like".

I hate when people do this.

Andamo, 31Dodger and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Take an old ratty car, put it in a barn, cover it with dust, dirt and fill it with rodent droppings. Then tell everybody you can't/won't sell it.
    Sit back and watch the offers come in.

Model T1, slack, pitman and 2 others like this.

5. I'm always looking at photo backgrounds! there is so much to be found in thar'!

Model T1 likes this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Bait and Switch maybe

7. 32 RPU LEAVIN 004.jpg 32 RPU LEAVIN 001.jpg 32 RPU LEAVIN 002.jpg 32 RPU LEAVIN 003.jpg Sold 1 this week, kinda an funny way. Stopped by local trim shop to get a yard of black vinyl for a little project. Owner and his lead stitcher come out side to look @ my RPU.
    His stitcher says" I want it " I give him a stupid price, thinkin he'll beat me up on it, and to my surprise he say's I'll buy it, see ya after work today. Here it is goin away that night.

Model T1, kiwijeff, Dave Mc and 3 others like this.
  8. philo426

philo426

Why would you want to sell such a cool rod?You dont see one like that every day!

9. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

People always want what they can't have.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Truth in advertising...I wish the food you ordered looked like the menu pic

11. 2015 32 roadster rpu 4.jpg
    When they gotta go, they gotta go. I don't get married 2 them- drive em and sell em

kiwijeff and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. pitman

pitman

Is that blue SUV available...? :D

Model T1, Dave Mc, 31Dodger and 3 others like this.
  13. That is one Bitchin' RPU for sure.

i.rant and da34guy like this.
  14. tinmann

tinmann

hahahhahahaha

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Man, I love that RPU. Gary, the builder ( @2deuces64 ) is a damn nice guy, too.

Malcolm

da34guy likes this.
  16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

thought can only sell at barrett-jackson - Ha! yep, sometimes trying too hard slows down results. just gotta be in the right place at the right time.

17. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

If you order food off a menu with pictures, you KNOW what you'll get won't be worth calling "food". A menu with real food lets the words do the talking...

18. southerncad

southerncad

Another good way to get rid of, oops, mean help sell a car, is, if at a swap meet, and aren't getting any lookers, pop the hood and have a couple of your buddy's looking under the hood and under the car....bingo you have a crowd around the car!

Model T1 likes this.
  19. verde742

verde742

Now , Be honest, did yer car have a "little" bump steer? According to geometry, it should have.

20. How much for the alloy wheels on the SUV?

Model T1 likes this.
  21. No bump steer @ all

22. Yep Gary sure is, hope he's enjoying my 36 roadster

23. Heard about the fellow who sold a car with bad brakes, advertized, "Runs great, no stopping it."

24. Model T1

Model T1

da34guy that's sure a nice SUV ya got. And that metal garage ain't bad. :rolleyes:
    Joecool is asking too much for his lawn mower.

25. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Funny but true thread goin here! One way I accidentally disc to sell a vehicle especially a truck is to remove the hood & place it in the bed or lay it up beside it. I proved this to a co worker 3 times in a row. Works mostly for cheaper vehicles. A dude like me drives by or sees it sitting close to road no for sale sign or in background ad pic n thinks....... "Man it Must have problem n I can pick it up cheap!" I kid u not! I use to pic ol rigs up cheap n sell a few ol trucks back in the day. This would be funny for some hamb's to try if you have the chance! No for sale sign, close to road & No hood. :) Flux

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  26. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

JC, this is funny. True, but funny. Hmmm, I gotta get inventive on my stuff... :D .
    Marcus...

27. Quit telling Gary that........it'll go to his head!!!! John and I never give him a kind word........keeps him humble!

da34guy likes this.