Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help with a 63 ford unibody restore

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gorf, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Gorf

Gorf
    from San Diego

Hey everyone. I picked up the vehicle 6 months ago and have decided it's too much of a project for me and would like to find some help. The truck is completely stripped and blasted. The suspension has been set up with a notched rear and crown vic clip in front.

I'm looking for a business or individual in san diego that can help restore/build it to run. Not looking for show quality, would like a nice daily driver. Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. Few pics:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzz3O7N5fXCmbkxsa1F1aEE0RDQ/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzz3O7N5fXCmb1VVdjcydVdSMmM/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzz3O7N5fXCmbTdlS0gxRU5LbFU/view?usp=sharing

Thank you.

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Wish you were closer, looks like a really decent start. Id suggest boxing the frame where that Vic front is mounted and maybe a couple more mounting tabs. Probably fine, but overkill never hurt.

3. Gorf

Gorf
    from San Diego

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to box the frame for sure. What do you mean by mounting tabs?

4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I guess I dont have pics in my albums here of mine. I welded 4 nuts in the frame, 2 bolts from below on both sides. Then boxed it up, and 2 ears on each side from the Upper a arm mount over to the frame. Similar to that factory ear thing yours has, but no super long bolts, and no stack-o-washers holding it off the frame to height. join the 61-66 ford group on here and theres a couple builds with nice photos of the mount.

Some will trash talk that setup, but for the money its a hard one to beat.

5. Gorf

Gorf
    from San Diego

How do I join the "61-66 ford group"? Where do I find it?

Thanks for the feedback.

6. cptn60

cptn60
    from Joke City

7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

8. Gorf

Gorf
    from San Diego

Thank you. I use tapatalk and wasn't aware those forums existed. I'll check them out.