Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 gmc cab on a 49 chevy frame

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by willie wenschlag, Jun 10, 2015.

1. willie wenschlag

willie wenschlag

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum game, but as i search through them they seem to a great deal of help to everyone.
    I started off with 49 chevy in decent shape but soon disovered the cab wasn't in as good as shape as i thought. found a 54/55 1st series not sure what it is for sure. But i know the frame is different, but from what i have read so far is that its just the rear hump. If anyone could help it would be great. I was planning on using bed from the 49 (sense i figured it would make the swap lil easier) and use the 54 cab. Was wondering if this would be possible with no huge headaches?

Thanks

2. Hello and welcome.
    The GMC has a different dash than the chevy in 54\55.1 and both have one piece windshield and some other small differences than the 1949 .
    Physically it will fit, and you should not have any problems if you don't mind the mix and match truck.

Have fun and build your truck your way.

3. Welcome! Good to have you here.