Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need a Falcon/comet/econoline/ 144cid Holley carb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopperdave, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Chopperdave

Chopperdave

anybody got a decent one???

2. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

If its the little one barrel holly that you are talking about I have one. No promise of the condition of it. I would assume that it needs to be run through. But if you want it, its yours!

3. My 200CI had a mustang FoMoCo on it, when I got it. Went to Shuck's and bought a brand new Holly for $150

4. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Have a 66 Comet 202 sedan here with a 6 cylinder...not sure what size, but it has a carb...if you want it...let me know...will ship..

Mark

5. Chopperdave

Chopperdave

heres a picture of the carb
    http://www.chopperdaves.com/fuck/carb.jpg

6. Chopperdave

Chopperdave

heres a picture of the carb
    [​IMG]

7. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

HEY BIG DAVE !!!!!! theres yer problem right there !!!! that aint a Falcon carb!! See how it has the floatbowl like any ol holley ? well inside its just like an 4bbl with the jets in the bottom & when ya turn or come to a quick stop the gas goes away from the jets & POOOF !! yer dead

You need to get a Falcon carb... the jet is in the bottom of the carb and has no bowl ... per say ... like the one in yer pic...

If ya need a pic of one, lemme know and ill send ya a pic... i have 2, but one is the fucked up one off my daughters car & the other has broken & missing parts.. bought it jus as a parts carb at L/B swap.. E-MAIL me for a pic if ya need [email protected]

8. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Hey ChopperDave......that single barrel on my 66 Comet is an Autolite..not a Holley like you picture...dam car is just waiting to come in to be made into a Nostalgia Super Stock car with a 427...the engine does not run, but if you want that carb instead of the Holley, let me know

btw...the engine is blue..not sure what size 6 banger.

get in touch via email

[email protected]
    or call 972.712.558

It's a freebie if you want it.

9. ray

ray
    from colorado

uhhh, no. falcons ran a few different carbs, they certainly DID run that style so there is no reason that one won't work. somehow i kinda doubt an econoline is pulling enough Gs to uncover the jet, if it is, then it's pretty simple to raise the float level. that carb can be retrofitted with the glass bowl as well. it can be interesting to actually see what is going on in there. it's just kinda hard to find a friend to ride around under the hood while you drive!

10. Chopperdave

Chopperdave

where can i geta glass bowl??

11. ray

ray
    from colorado

your local head shop?:D

i have a few extras, i might be able to part with one if you're in a hurry. or else ebay, just search for glass holley and you should find some. you should be able to find one there a little cheaper than what i'll sell my bowls for.

12. Chopperdave

Chopperdave

how much???

13. That picture is of a 61 carb. 62's used a Holley 1909, which has a flat top, kinda like an AFB.

14. Chopperdave

Chopperdave

for real???

interesting....

thanx!

15. Yeah, its good info to have, the 61 carbs, (like the one pictured), have "backwards" linkage as compared to the 1909 used in 62. What I mean by backwards, is that the throttle lever swings in an opposite direction. It'll hook up, but when you push the pedal, you pin the throttle plate against the idle stop. I swapped a complete 61 engine into my 62 Ranchero, and ran into this problem, so I know first hand..... Now, having said that, with the age of these cars, its likely that someone changed the entire linkage setup at some point, so the 61 style carb may indeed be what you need.......