Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A-BOMBERS FLAT OUT BLAST #2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.B., Aug 21, 2014.

1. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

I don't think I have mentioned this here on the board. I have been too busy working with both cars and regular work that I have not been that much on the HAMB. But this event that we started last year has been a wonderful thing next to our huge meeting, the Old Style Weekend.

The idea was to make a very simple and nice meeting with what we think is the only type of hot rods there is. Up to 1934 model and only American, of course. There are so many thoughts about what is a hot rod and not. In A-Bombers we think a real hot rod is up to 1934 model. 1935 and up is an authentic street rod and a great one too. But, to each his own. We don't say it's right or wrong, we just have an opinion and live by that. So, your opinions is as much worth as anyone elses and as long as you are happy with it, it's good. :)

Here's how we did it:
    [​IMG]

We made it very simple with no live bands or anything. Just a great rod run and then back to the site to listen to good DJ music and drink beer, booze, to do your own BBQ and talk cars all night long in the warm night. A fantastic thing to share with great friends that are in to the authentic hot rod scene in Scandinavia. About 30 cars showed up and everyone had a blast!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lazy A, Kiwi 4d and J.C. Andersson like this.
  2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Sounds neat. Looks neat, too. Where on the good earth is it? Gary

3. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Oh, sorry. It's in Sweden. :)

4. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Some more pics from year ONE. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We "locked" Nick in about 7 in the morning, so the rest of us could get a few hours of sleep... :p
    [​IMG]

We even got an event feature with a cover shot on one of Swedens biggest American car magazines
    [​IMG]

Lazy A likes this.

5. VERY cool JB - you guys have it nailed.

Great stuff !!

Lazy A likes this.
  6. Yes they do RB - for a country as small as Sweden and a population to match it is amazing how good the cars are there. And the people are just as fantastic. I went to the A-Bombers Old Style Weekender back in 2007 and we had a blast. It is on of the best weekenders to travel too.

JB if you re-read this, you guys have nailed it again congratulations. Looks lie it was a great weekend.
    Cheers
    Lazy

7. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Hi there, Lazy!

Thanks for the kind words.
    Last weekend we had #3 of this great event. 30 real authentic style hot rods in 1930's - mid 1950's style. Here are some pics from it. I did not take any pics at the site, only a short video before the reliability run. A fantastic and sunny run of about 65 miles in the beautiful countryside of westcoast Sweden. I know lots of people that took some great pics, but I can't get them at the moment. My pics are taken when we did a break in the run. After that we went to the site and had a great BBQ and serious beer drinking all night long. All combined with hot music and lots of lying and bench racing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of months ago I sold this pre war project to a young 20 year old enthusiast and now he had built it and had it up an running and joined us with his friends. Great to see the young generation with the right stuff!
    [​IMG]