Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration CARtoons Magazine Coming Back to Print!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CARtoons Magazine, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Speed ball and Floyd, youth and daring vs old age and treachery. Or as mentioned above just let George go with the cast of characters he probably has waiting off stage.

2. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

I recently created a trio of characters comic strip, found the perfect artist for it and will be in CARtoons. The Comic Strip will be called R.I.P. (Rust In Peace). Picture a Zombie named Rotty (the head mechanic/designer), Frankenstein's Monster named Franky (lead welder) and an older Wolfman named Jack (wise experience hot rod building geezer) and the three work out of there garage building monster style rods. Should be popular cause the artists style is wild.

Jigger and Mark A like this.
  3. metal man

metal man

I can't wait . Hurry up.

4. toml24

toml24

With all the outrageous character drawings we hope you develop, think about one character who doesn't look like all the others, but instead "normal", like a media man who interviews car folks and all the happenings that go on. I'm just thinking out loud but a media ex-cup driver, who's appearance is a hybrid of Tank McNamara, George of the Jungle, and Mr Incredible. Any large, square jaw character would look very funny.

5. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Jigger likes this.
  6. Model T1

Model T1

I'm not old enough to remember CARtoons and I don't know what a Facebook. is. But I like all of these crazy ideas. Bring it on sir!

7. Dennis D

Dennis D

Maybe on the last page some of the greats that have passed sitting around a garage commenting on different things......
    Just a thought, Dennis D

8. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Bump for those that love CARtoons.

9. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Expect a full write up from Pete Millars daughter about the history of CARtoons in a future issue.

10. metal man

metal man

So, how are things progressing with this project ?

11. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Everything is going great. Extremely busy. Have all the artists picked out for the trial issue that will be out sometime this summer. Expect new stories from George Trosley, Bob Hardin, Fred Boatman, Ben Mitchell, Nelson Dewey and many more. Also talking with a distributor that is hooked up with major retail stores like Walmart, Chapters etc across the world. Plus working on the website, bookmark www.cartoonsmag.com. Don't forget to check out the face page on Facebook. Search "CARtoons Magazine Official". Thanks for the support.

12. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Awesome!
    Might have to submit some "reader art" for your consideration.

13. metal man

metal man

I'm excited. My car buddies and I were talking about this at dinner last night. I don't play Facebook, but I will keep checking in here and will definitely be in for a subscription. I don't get out much, and the only store I frequent is Kroger. Hopefully, it will be on the rack there?

14. metal man

metal man

I sure hope you can add Jeff Norwell to your list of artists. He is amazing, and probably has enough of a following to gain you some readers just because his work was on it or in it. The artists you mentioned are some of my other favorites too....damn , I can't wait!

15. When you get all that info from Robyn,,Please post it here on your thread..I am old friend of Petes..

16. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

One of my favorite artists in late 60s? CycleToons was Hank Hinton. I believe he developed Hogg Ryder ( and the incredible Tanya ). When he left Ellefson tried to keep it HRyder going, but it was kind of a pale re-hash. I saw one or 2 character illustrations by Hank in some magazine like Time. I Googled Hank Hinton several times over the years with no luck.
    Then, after reading this thread I tried one more time. He is allowing free downloading of a bunch of his art. Very recognizable.
    http://www.hankhinton.com/home.html

wrenchbender likes this.
  17. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Sounds like it's coming along nicely. I used to by Cartoons Mag from my local Hobby shop in the 80s it may be worth trying to get a deal with HobbyTown or something like that.

18. GTS225

GTS225

The link doesn't seem to be working right. It takes me to a generic "GoDaddy" page. Anybody else having that problem?
    (I don't do Facebook, either)

Roger

19. metal man

metal man

I got the same blank page. Maybe because it's under construction.

20. [QUOTE[​IMG]="CARtoons Magazine, post: 10859820, member: 38743"]Hi fellow Hambers,
    My name is Marc Methot. I recently filed for the full trademark of CARtoons Magazine with success and I am currently working on bring the mag back to print to be available on mag stands sometime this year for 2015.
    At this moment I am working on finding a Publisher & Distrubitor that best suits the magazine and hopefully can keep cover prices down. I have lined up at least three original artists from CARtoons that I am working with. Also there will be special guest appearances from famous artists from the car culture industry, along with new unknown artists that there talent is so extreme, they need to be seen through the magazine. I plan to keep the magazine as original as possible with a mixture of old style with new. Next I plan on bringing back the Iron-on insert we all loved when we purchased each earlier issue. The magazine with come out every second month with a special end of the year issue.
    Because I am at the first stages of getting this mag to print, there are no dates of release at this moment. All I can tell you is that I am working on a trial issue #0, to get a feel of the industry today financially and demand. Also the magazine will be distributed across the USA and Canada and eventually world world. For those over seas readers, I will have a digital copy available each month.

Another thing is that I will always be looking for artists from full time issue positions, to readers artwork submissions. I am looking for artists that can do:
    -black and white comic strips
    -black and white full page illustrations
    -full color covers
    -full solid color iron-on inserts

If you are interested to apply, please submit samples of your work to [email protected] and I will keep your application on file til I am ready to contact all artists. No work submitted will be used in the magazine, but just used as reference.

To get full updates of the magazine, check[​IMG] out the official Facebook page "CARtoons Magazine" and there you will see samples and updated news of how the magazine is coming along. I will try my best to post updates and sneakpeeks here for those that don't deal with Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=166599510031014&ref=bookmark

Help support the return of CARtoons magazine. Spread the word and hopefully the magazine will be back to stay for many years to come for everyone to enjoy. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely:

CEO of CARtoons Magazine
    Marc Methot[/QUOTE[​IMG]]

ratrodzrcool likes this.
  21. [QUOTE[​IMG]="CARtoons Magazine, post: 10859820, member: 38743"]Hi fellow Hambers,
    My name is Marc Methot. I recently filed for the full trademark of CARtoons Magazine with success and I am currently working on bring the mag back to print to be available on mag stands sometime this year for 2015.
    At this moment I am working on finding a Publisher & Distrubitor that best suits the magazine and hopefully can keep cover prices down. I have lined up at least three original artists from CARtoons that I am working with. Also there will be special guest appearances from famous artists from the car culture industry, along with new unknown artists that there talent is so extreme, they need to be seen through the magazine. I plan to keep the magazine as original as possible with a mixture of old style with new. Next I plan on bringing back the Iron-on insert we all loved when we purchased each earlier issue. The magazine with come out every second month with a special end of the year issue.
    Because I am at the first stages of getting this mag to print, there are no dates of release at this moment. All I can tell you is that I am working on a trial issue #0, to get a feel of the industry today financially and demand. Also the magazine will be distributed across the USA and Canada and eventually world world. For those over seas readers, I will have a digital copy available each month.

Another thing is that I will always be looking for artists from full time issue positions, to readers artwork submissions. I am looking for artists that can do:
    -black and white comic strips
    -black and white full page illustrations
    -full color covers
    -full solid color iron-on inserts

If you are interested to apply, please submit samples of your work to [email protected] and I will keep your application on file til I am ready to contact all artists. No work submitted will be used in the magazine, but just used as reference.

To get full updates of the magazine, check[​IMG] out the official Facebook page "CARtoons Magazine" and there you will see samples and updated news of how the magazine is coming along. I will try my best to post updates and sneakpeeks here for those that don't deal with Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=166599510031014&ref=bookmark

Help support the return of CARtoons magazine. Spread the word and hopefully the magazine will be back to stay for many years to come for everyone to enjoy. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely:

CEO of CARtoons Magazine
    Marc Methot[/QUOTE[​IMG]]
    Great Marc! Keep us informed and pencle me in fer a sub! I read it many moons ago!!!

22. Please note Mr Methor...We do not all use Facebook..My only information comes from the HAMB..

23. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

As a hamber, I plan to share updates here as well.
    As for the website, it is being designed as we speak and should be up soon. Just bookmark the website an once up, I will update everyone here.
    Thanks for the support.

ratrodzrcool likes this.
  24. ratrodzrcool

ratrodzrcool
    from Ohio

Can't wait!!!

25. metal man

metal man

What about Tom Foxmarnick ?

26. Love that this is coming to fruition-- I grew up reading CARtoons-- both the then-current 80's version as well as mid-sixties era issues I inherited from older cousins... this may have been mentioned before in this thread at some point, so I apologize if this is a repeat, but perhaps a monthly 'From the Archives' feature-- a cartoon from the past. If copyrights and licenses and royalties can be figured out of course... good luck!

27. metal man

metal man

28. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Here are the artists to expect in the pages of the trial issue #0:

George Trosley
    Scott Fisk
    Fred Boatman
    Nelson Dewey
    Ben Drag Daddy Mitchell
    Marcus Mitchell
    Larry Williams
    Marc Methot
    Jeff Slemons
    Hadi Madworx
    John Skidmore
    Dave Beaty
    Jon Pogorelskin
    Alberto Gantus Vlamonte
    Chuck Kelley
    Dan Falconer/Mr. Bil Bil
    Paul B Townsend

Expect more top name artists in the pages of Issue #1 coming in January.

29. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

How does one get a copy

30. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

You can either go to www.cartoonsmag.com and enter your email to get a notification when the site launches. Then you can get your subscription on the site or you will be able to go to your major local retail stores such as Walmart and pick up a copy.