Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '31 Coupe or Vicki?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CAHotRodBoy, Apr 26, 2015.

1. One day I walked into the local Harley dealer and a guy was trading in his new Harley. Less than 100 miles & this was back when there was a 1yr wait or longer for them. So I asked him why he was doing that. He said " well, did you ever see something you had to have and then once you rode it you didn't like it?" I said "OH YEAH! I married one of them"

Model T1 and volvobrynk like this.
  2. Buy them both, do some mock-ups . . . setup a simulated ride/rake . . . stand back and look, have a couple beers . . . look again. Make no decision . . . take some time. Sit in both with a fake seat - so you can see what the view is like, leg-room, etc.. Then make a decision . . . and sell the other one - or save it for later.

Take your time!

loudbang likes this.
  3. cretin

cretin

I'm not a big vicky fan, so I'd go coupe and never look back.

4. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

5. clem

clem

Plenty of coupes around........go with the coupe!

6. clem

clem

7. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

This is a '32, but this style on deuce rails would be different and cool! 0801sr_01_z+1932_ford_victoria+front_right_view.jpg

lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  8. Wish I could help, but all I got, is what a cool problem to have. :D

9. Squablow

Squablow

Given that choice, I personally would take the coupe. Even in the very nice examples above, I look at those pictures and imagine the exact same build as a coupe, and I prefer the coupe every time. And I'm a roadster guy.

10. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

So I decided I am going to try to get both bodies. I'll build the coupe as is, highboy on Deuce rails with the nailhead. The Vicki I'll squirrel away until the coupe is done then build it as a full fendered car on Model A frame.

I also know a guy that has a 392 Hemi for pretty cheap money so may pick that up for the coupe and save the nailhead for the Vicki.

Either way, I'll have two really cool cars, one very "hot roddy" coupe and the Vicki will be a nice clean cruiser.

11. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Sounds like a hell of a good plan. :cool:;):D

12. brady1929

brady1929

Vicky, because there are a lot of coupes around.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Billybobdad likes this.
  13. It's a no brainer...the coupe........no wait! The Vicky is cooler
    the Vicky has so much class but I'd have to take the
    er, the.................coupe....I dunno, that vicky is bad-ass.

14. stude54

stude54
    from michigan

Will you comfortably fit in the coupe when it's finished to your vision. Had a friend once that built a 30 coupe and he sold it shortly afterwards 'cause it just wasn't comfortable on long trips. IAC, I'd take the Vicky, see less at shows and,to me, one of the best body styles Henry built.

15. The 31 Vicky body was sort of a trial of concepts to be used on the 32 model.

The Vicky also has a dropped floor and shorter windshield height right from ford. The Vick has the longest doors of any model & that adds ease for enter and exit as well as head room. Vicky is a better choice for a bigger driver.

image.jpg

16. Vicky ( or anyone else for that matter),
    I look at pics of Model A Vickys all the time just because they fall into my zen zone and I could use a little zen. Anyway I see them as leather backs and without. Were they a leather back from the factory or was that an option?

lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  17. Beano,
    How you doing buddy.
    They came either way.

18. Thanks. Some of that stuff I have always wondered about. It would cost extra dollars to do one with the leather back but it might be cool for a hot rod.

I am doing good. trying to get over a dose of stupid, but I am only 6 stitches and 4 days away from being past it. ;)

Model T1 likes this.
  19. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

THAT is spectacular!

20. Model T1

Model T1

Yea that's kinda how I feel about this terrible problem. o_O I see he's gonna try to get both. That would be my plan. Altho the original question was which one?:confused:
    I had a 31 coupe and always wanted a 31 Vickie. So it makes sense I'd chose the Vickie..................
    or maybe the coupe?o_O No really the Vickie.
    What do you guys think? :D

21. What do I think? Cheese Burger, wait a minute what was the question?

Model T1 likes this.
  22. 30/31 Victorias also came from the factory with laid back and tapered A-pillars and flush fitting doors. Additional features that were "rolled out" in 32.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    volvobrynk and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. Model T1

Model T1

I don't remember. I can't think when I'm hungry for cheese burgers in paradice.

24. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

How fare along are this build by now? Driving, rolling frame or no progress?

25. Victoria would be my choice without a doubt. Those are classy looking cars.
    Plus I could use any bit of extra space available--

26. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Coupes are cool, but I've always been partial to the Vicky. Just my 2cents.

27. Stick with the coupe,
    you aren't going to like 33-1/2" wide doors, 9" tall windows with 44" from floor to headliner.

This is what I tell the kids-
    Stick with your fishy crackers, you won't like my Reese's peanut butter cup :)

image.jpg

volvobrynk and D-Russ like this.
  28. I can't imagine someone saying that ^^^^ doesn't look "hot rod" enough!

29. wvenfield

wvenfield

Hot Wheels went with the Vicky. Matchbox with the Model A.

D-Russ likes this.
  30. I would get the Vicky.