Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage jefferson swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt31, Apr 20, 2015.

1. chopt31

chopt31

I know its only Monday, but what is the weather looking like for Friday?

2. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I'm going ....looks like 60 and partly cloudy at best ....

3. Cool and dry so far. The big bars wont melt so fast.

4. Snowing like crazy right now, near Wausau! low 50s and no precipitation later in the week, wear a jacket.

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

weather forecast looks good. 20% chance of rain on Saturday, but hopefully that will not happen.

I don't mind it when it is cool. easier to put more clothes on...can only take so many off

6. zbuickman

zbuickman

It snowed a little here in Jefferson today as well.

bobwop likes this.
  7. chopt31

chopt31

thanks guys, I am READY!!!

8. As long as the fields are dry. We will all be good.

9. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I will be there same spot as always, Been doing it for 26 years ! white field wx105 to 111 stop and ask for Larry and say hi and save me a big bar!!!! Larry

10. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Looking like rain and 44 on Saturday. I'm in yn140 stop in. I have a 37 Plymouth truck that I am bringing, and some parts, but they don't mind the cold.

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

only rain is for Friday night and early Sat. morning. A shower at night is always welcome to wet the dust. Otherwise, sunny and around 60. Perfect! Madison Classics tells me that the Swap Spaces are basically sold out! Best participation in many years.

12. ahshoe

ahshoe

I took my vendor trailer up yesterday and it was snowing outside Madison. I heard 50% rain Friday 40% Saturday but nice Sunday, when it is pretty much over. It really depend on when it actually rains. Time of day is everything when swapping. What do you expect it's JEFFERSON! I've been doing it for all 38 years! Prob. rained for 25 of them and snowed for 10 more

13. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm pumped and ready. See everyone tomorrow.

14. chopt31

chopt31

I called gary to see if he had any spaces left, a friend of mine wanted one, he said they were all gone!

by the way anyone see's a pair of fenton SBC valve covers let me know, HAHAHA

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

busy place today until rain hit around 4PM. but most probably had enough by then.

Saturday sounds like a bust. Maybe a bit of dry weather first thing in the early AM, but raining by 9AM.

Sunday sounds good

16. went friday. scored a in car fire system complete for 50 dollars. what a deal. of course had a big bar and a greezzy cheese burger. it was a nice day to take the 66 chevelle out for some exercise. got out before the rain. very busy for a friday.

17. fuzzface

fuzzface

another year I'm missing and I only live about 20 minutes away. no money so I'm staying away, hate seeing something I need and don't have the extra cash for it so I'm better off not seeing it in the first place. really thought I would have my finances back in order by now.

anyways hope you guys enjoy it out there and hope the rain holds off for a while.

anyone looked at a '65 Thunderbid in the car corral? greenish in color, really solid, needed interior put back in. Heard it was heading there. just nosey what the price was marked on it. the guy brought it last weekend for $6400

watch your stuff, heard on the scanner 2 guys stoled an air compressor late yesterday. Also watch your speed in town. quite a few out of state vehicles got pulled over after the event last night. They like that out of town revenue because they know they will just pay the ticket instead of coming back to go to court. first time in years the scanner was so busy on Friday night but the community like others could use extra revenue right now.

18. ^^My finances are of a different order: cost of health insurance. In fact, I have to pay that today...bye bye swap meet money.

19. fuzzface

fuzzface

a little cool but otherwise turned into a nice day with no rain for you swap meeters. I should have went. maybe I could have found a $5.00 SW. gauge that sells on ebay for $300+. :)

20. chadhollem

chadhollem

nice day at jefferson,no rain a little cool.Bought aa early cast mopar 340 short block thought I got a good deal on. It was really busy there saw quite a few jamb friendly parts.

21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

big crowd today. I expected a washout. forecast for tomorrow is 60's and sunny

22. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

Did anyone see the '63 LeMans in the swap area , over by the Waukesha old car club booth, on Friday. Another one got away. I've never heard of this one and it was in my back yard.

23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

cool start this AM, but sunny and gradually warming to around 60. Good crowd, too.

24. ahshoe

ahshoe

Just got back from vending there Great weekend Cold Friday and Sat. but crowds were big. Best Show there in years I loved that '61 Pontiac Ventura in the main building.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    bobwop likes this.
  25. in saw the pontiac in the swap area. kinda rough. tube frame car. needed a lot of work.

26. Did you get it from a guy wearing an acu cover (military hat)?

If so it was me!

The one I sold was a charged Halon

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  27. Maybe. I remember the guy had a stock car in parts there. Said he had a hanger full of stuff.

28. I used to have a hanger full of that stuff... 4 years ago!

I just have some remnant stuff that has been following me around since then.

29. Racingphotoguy

Racingphotoguy
    from Wisconsin

I agree that was the best Jefferson in years.

30. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I bought a pair of 16 inch Kelsey Hayes wheels for $100 ... I was happy :)