Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Quality Fibreglass '31 Roadster Body -- Who/ Suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goleafsgo_12, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Hey guys, who makes a quality '31 full fendered roadster body? Street weight, pre-hung doors, proper floor, etc.. Suggestions? Any Canadian manufacturers to save on brokerage?

Thanks

2. redo32

redo32

Wescott. Great bodies, a buddy has been driving his for 35 years.

3. Got the popcorn n beer out, this ought to get good. Since you are new i will clue in to one thing, this is a traditional site and glass cars are kinda frowned on here.

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Wescott is a premium body and I have had 7 of them. Brookville makes a steel one for about the same price.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You'll get over it I'm sure!!!

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Tops in my book.

7. Ya looks like they make nice stuff, I like the reinforcement structure Wescott offers.. But is there anything out there that has a similar structure/ quality but a bit more economical? We are in Brookville territory like Pewsplace was saying.. I'm not against a steel car (built them in the past) but want to try out the glass route to save a bit of cash on this build. Somebody had PM'd me about these guys http://www.rrfiberglass.net/fordroaster.htm Has anybody used them before? They say 4 layer construction goes into their bodies. Unfamiliar with the brand. Thanks for the replys.

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Same here, two things to consider on the cheaper bodies, thin fenders will show stars from rock chips unless undercoated heavily and stress cracks will be an ongoing issue, make sure to add reinforcement to the cowl area. Thicker glass does not always equate to strength, to save $$$ better be willing to do some reinforcing.

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think you will find there is no significant difference between steel and glass in the final analysis. I've built both, and can't say one is cheaper than the other when you add up the materials needed to get it done.

Also, what you save on a cheaper fiberglass body you will spend in making it more solid and straight. Wescott ain't cheap, but they sure are good.

Don